What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
cherimae
Australia

Re: What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Postby cherimae » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:11 am

I love being out somewhere in nature - but somewhere that has enough things that it doesn't feel boring. For instance, I feel like if I don't have a grocery store in the town that I was living in, then that might feel too small and cut off from the rest of the world.

Cities are fun in small doses for me. I like the energy that cities have, but after a while it can feel really overwhelming.

traveling_rambler378
United States of America

Postby traveling_rambler378 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 am

I was born in a rural town, but then moved to NYC when I was young and was raised there. I hate to say this, but I actually have learned to LIKE the sounds of police/ambulance sirens in the middle of the night, trains passing by, and well random shouting matches outside too. That being said, I would not be surprised if it all of that accumulates to stress. My wife is from a small town, and when we go to visit her parents, I find myself getting hours of restful sleep which I don't seem to get in a big city. So, while I may LIKE urban life, I think my body prefers rural life.

jaycua
Philippines

Postby jaycua » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:11 am

Definitely rural life for me. I love the simplistic way of living that goes with it. Not to mention less hassle with traffic and the fast paced life or urban areas plus the pollution. All that goes away in an easy going, clean rural life. Ironically though I am working in the Metri right now and most of the time I am always stressed or drained by the time I get home. Sometimes I daydream of leaving this place and going back to our hometown and perhaps find my niche there. Do anybody of you dream about this at times too? Do you think this is a good idea?

I did work for an NGO years ago where I had to stay for a year in an interior community with no amenities and comfort of modernity like malls, grocery shop, cinema and etc. They did not even have electricity. People there farmed and raised animals for food amd spent most of their time talking and bonding with one another. They all seemed happy and content. Every now and then when I look back to remember this I always get a smile on my face. For me this was the best days of my life by far.

emoxigh27
Philippines

Postby emoxigh27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:41 am

Most people who grew up and live a life in an urban area want to experience rural life. Like me, I am getting tired of a busy and polluted area in the city. I envy those people in the rural area because they experience a peaceful place and they breathe only fresh air. When I was a kid, I experience going to the province and I don't appreciate it so much, but now that I've grown up, I am longing for it. A simple life is the best in my opinion so I choose rural life. :)

hallowishie
Philippines

Postby hallowishie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 am

I personally prefer to have a rural life. The urban life is too fast paced and it can somehow let you neglect a lot of things. In the city people become competitive and cold. Each one trying to beat the rat race, work, work, work; keeping up with their neighbors, and so forth. By removing the numbers of people you are surrounded by, you become more relaxed, because it just “feels” less stressful and rural areas offer this. Additionally, rural areas do not have pollution or traffic problems that beset regular urban areas. The country air is typically cleaner, making it healthier for you and your family. If you enjoy wildlife, it will be abundant. You can do as much, or as little, as you want. If the lawn is a little tall, it won’t matter. If you want a manicured lawn, you can have one, but if you want a forest, let it grow and with that you can be self-sufficient, or at least closer to it.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:09 am

I will be opting for urban life for so many reasons as having the opportunity to enjoy some resources and amenities already and readily available in the urban areas compared to what is obtainable in the rural areas. I will be making an urban area my permanent area of residence because it's my work area, and I will make the rural area my vacation area.

Anytime I feel that need to go and cool off, I think rural areas would be perfect fit for me because of the peace and calm that are inherent in such places. Urban cities are place for hustling, so resting or vacation wouldn't be best suited here.

pandooh
Philippines

Postby pandooh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:34 am

I was raised in a rural life. So basically I love being with the nature. Now, I am living in an urban city. Now, it deoends on what aspect you are asking. If retirement cases are referred in here I would say that it would be better to live in a suburban area where you can still have acces to some Hospitals and be in your house with still small nature around you. If opportunities are referred, it's better to live in an urban area, though you really have to be prone with pollution but these opportunities are more abundant in this kind of location. Rural areas are better with vacations.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 am

I prefer the rural life, unfortunately, I live in the urban area because I need to be close to my job and the school where my son goes. My dream is to live in the rural area and produce my own crops, to plant tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, cabbage, etc. I would grow a lot of animals as chickens, pig, goat, cow and I would have my own horse.In this way, all my products would be natural without chemicals or fertilizers. As I have said this is my dream that I hope in one day will come true...who knows maybe at retirement I will have the chance to buy a small house in the rural area!

dhovorka
Austria

Postby dhovorka » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:39 am

Well I have never lived really in a city and even I live in Dubai I always say that Dubai is not a city. There is no city center, no organized place where you can walk around and elements which makes it to a city. Dubai is a collection of high buildings and collection of streets. So my answer is clear, I do not like urban living since I never lived there.

potentialwriter
Zodiac: Gemini
Nigeria

Postby potentialwriter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 am

I would prefer a rural life to an urban life. In rural areas, life is more peaceful and cool than in urban centers. Industries are not found in rural areas, thus, air is not polluted at all. Our environment is also free from all forms of pollution, be it water pollution, air pollution, or anyone else. In rural areas, people have access to natural foods, fruits, and other farm products. The atmosphere in rural areas is worth enjoying. There is no such an atmosphere in urban areas.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”