What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
LarryL332

Re: What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Postby LarryL332 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:01 am

Well I really prefer the hustle and bustle of the urban life, although I will be the first to admit that it does get strenuous and starts to wear on you, and I have also not been to a lot of the bigger ones, so I may really be in for something should I ever choose to live there. Now that I think about it I am probably not cut out for those cities, so a happy medium seems to be best for me. You do have to admire the quiet of the more rural life from time to time. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

lexinonomous

Postby lexinonomous » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:18 am

This is a somewhat hard question for me to answer because I really do love both. I can find the beauty of living in both urban and rural areas. The part of me that wants to say urban is due to the culture. I love being in the city and having a nice selection of trendy shops. The other part of me that loves rural areas is due to my love for simplicity. I wouldn't mind living in a big open space with a small amount of people. The idea of knowing everyone in town and being surrounded by good people is appealing to me.

jy76
Zodiac: Sagittarius
United States of America

Postby jy76 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:28 am

I lived in the city quite a bit in South Korea, but I preferred the times when I was in the country. The city is way too noisy. Note, I'd rather have the opposite situation where I live in country and travel to the city, especially a big city, on the weekends. That's what I did when I live in Gangwando in South Korea, a mountain resort. I would just travel out to Seoul every weekend.

lebroncc
Morocco

Postby lebroncc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 pm

I like the suburban life, as it's the only life I've ever known. College is supposed to be 'urban', but it's just a bunch or suburbanites in a somewhat urban setting.

AngelaMc
United States of America

Postby AngelaMc » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm definitely a City girl with a Country heart. I eventually would love to live outside the city limits and be in the country. I have family members who own farms, and every chance I get I stay the weekend at one of their homes. As soon as I'm on their road to their house the air smells crisp and clean due to all of the pine trees etc. So I definitely prefer the rural lifestyle. :roll:

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:09 pm

I have always been living in city, and I have always been dreaming in living in village. I would prefer to stay near to the nature, have the peaceful and cozy environment, and slow pace as well.

I am still living in city now, even bigger city from my childhood time, as the facility and environment in the village here are not really satisfying and it's easy for us to get a job in big city here. I am glad there is a park nearby, so at least I can bring my children to the park everyday. It is not at all a village life, but at least we can enjoy some greenery scenes and the kids can play in the puddles sometimes.

When I was studying in Australia, I stayed in a suburb, and I really like the place. I wish I can migrate there one day. :D

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 am

I have never experienced rural life . Since childhood I have always lived in urban cities. I love nature and would like to experience how it feels living close to nature but the other reality is that I cannot survive without urban lifestyle as well.

arachnophobik
Philippines

Postby arachnophobik » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:05 am

I've lived in a rural province in Philippines for the first 15 years of my life, then I had to move to the city where I had my first taste of the urban life. I'll have to admit, both have their own pros and cons, and in the end it will always come down to your preferences, but as for me I will choose the urban life any day. The rural life is simple, the folks are friendly and the scenery is amazing. But perhaps it's too simple for me. The rural province I lived in doesn't offer a lot of office jobs. Most of them are either farmers, or fishermen from the far off places of the province. People always seem to be looking for something to do, whether it's hiking, or just hanging out with their friends, or looking at people who pass by.

I love the urban life more, even though it's very different. The air is polluted, trash is everywhere, everyone is busy and everywhere is crowded. But you also have a lot of things to keep you busy, with work, restaurants, malls, and bars. The rural areas are great places to go for the weekend or maybe even a week long vacation, but for me its just not a place I would love to spend my remaining years in.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:39 am

I have always lived in urban life though I can very well imagine how it feels to live in a rural life. I feel that I cannot live in a rural area and live a rural life now. I modern amenities have now become a basic necessity for me.

harijobs
India

Postby harijobs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 am

Well, I was raised in an urban city I am used to the amenities available here. But my hometown is a village which is really cool and I prefer to have a rural life when I retire. It is much more peaceful, happier and stress-free. People, there are very friendly and treats everybody like a family member which is not common in a city. Also, we can have a life much healthier as we live more inclined and connected with nature. I strongly prefer to have a rural life but with the basic amenities that you have mentioned. :)

Return to “General Questions & Comments”