What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
Henrywrites
Nigeria

Re: What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Postby Henrywrites » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 am

Both type of living comes with their benefits as well as shortcomings. One of the benefits of living in the rural area, like you also pointed out, is the presence of nature with the trees and fresh breeze being one of those benefits. However, those in rural areas especially places in my country lack the basic amenities of living such as pipe borne water and adequate power supply and that's the reason I won't like to stay in rural area since I can get most of the basic amenities in urban area.

The downside of living in an urban area is that there is over population as well as dangers of pollution like air pollution and the rest. But in all, I won't trade living in an urban area with that of livin in a rural area.

ryyde
Philippines

Postby ryyde » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:33 am

I experience living on both state and I prefer living in urban rather than rural. I used to grow in urban where life is easy when you're with your parents. Depending on them on financial matters. Rural life is hard it's more on physical works you have to work hard in able to earn money while in urban you can use your knowledge and abilities to earn instant cash. So for me I would rather live on urban rather than rural where life is hard and boring.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:59 am

I live in the urban environment but I like to live in the rural environment. In a rural place I can raise animals (I am not allowed to do this in the urban life), I can plant vegetables, and a lot of flowers because in the rural place I would have a lot of lands, this is what I do not have in urban life, besides in rural the air is fresh and less polluted.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:23 am

If you will ask me guys then will like to say that both of those have own features and befits. I really wanna enjoy both of these facilities and love to say that wanna make move toward rural life for days for knowing about people cultures and way of life.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Really nice conversation is going here about the urban or rural life from all the member's side. according to my point of view, the urban or rural life are their own beauty. If we compare both life then we must get some goods and bad points in both life. But I must say that I will prefer urban life due to education.

potentialwriter
Zodiac: Gemini
Nigeria

Postby potentialwriter » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:37 pm

A rural life is better than the life in the urban areas for so many reasons. In the rural areas, there's a healthy atmosphere everywhere. There's no industrial pollution anywhere since there are no manufacturing companies producing wastes. In the urban areas, we have brewing companies, oil mining industries, plastic producing companies and lots more. These companies release waste products into the air and these pollute the air to work against human health.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:10 am

I have experienced both and I think being able to travel and live in urban centers or rural areas should be something everyone should be able to do. I like rural areas because they are often natural and life is cheaper. It is always calm and peaceful and you can live with your family without worries. I like living in urban places because there is job opportunities and there is always variety in food, clothes, shoes and the lifestyle is also entertaining.

But if I were to choose, I prefer living in rural areas.

Kieranlewix
Zodiac: Virgo
Kenya

Postby Kieranlewix » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 am

I definitely prefer living in an urban lifestyle. Sure, there's a lot of pollution, insecurity, crime and congestion, but there's also all the cool stuff. Rural areas definitely suffer in terms of infrastructure and that's a major reason why I don't like that life. For a person who does not need to surf the internet a lot, the rural path would be better because there's so much peace in rural areas. Suburban areas are also very peaceful compared to towns.

jaypinoy
Philippines

Postby jaypinoy » Sat May 12, 2018 7:17 am

Even if I do enjoy the urban lifestyle and how exciting the city life is, I'd still prefer rural life. I love it because I can eat a lot of healthy fresh foods like vegetables and fish straight from the ocean. I also love the rural life because it's very simple and it doesn't stress you a lot because you can get the things you need from the nature whilst in urban areas you have to work hard in order to survive. You also have to overcome stress and pollution while in rural areas the only problem you'll get is being bored sometimes but it's bearable considering that some rural areas right now are also advancing but not in a way where they're also making their place similar to the urban areas.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:56 am

I would prefer living in the metro where everything is near and every comfort is just a stone throw away. Not discounting the pleasures of rural living, a second home in the province is a good way to balance ones life. For me, living in the city and vacationing in the province is a good way to live.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”