What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
artofliving
India

What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Postby artofliving » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:13 pm

I am a person who wants to be close to nature. As you can imagine I would like to live in a calm and peaceful atmosphere and a rural life is most suitable for a person like me. I dream of a world free of pollution and also with a lot of greeneries around. Having said that I also would like to have basic amenities like electricity, hospitals and educational institutions without which development of humans is not possible.

What type of person are you? Are you inclined to live in a city or village?

Arya Snark

Re: What do you prefer – urban or rural life?

Postby Arya Snark » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:18 pm

I was raised in countryside so I still strongly prefer ruaral areas. They're quiter, safer, less crowded, and generally nicer, and it's great to live closer to the nature. However, it's much easier to find a job in a city, which is why I live in an metro area now.

Faerie

Postby Faerie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:17 am

It depends on the kind of city we're talking about, because there's urban centres that are really well organised and pedestrian friendly and then there's urban centres where everything is just complete chaos.
Some people love that buzzing traffic sound but I absolutely hate it. I'm more into suburban-like lifestyle: civilized and structured enough to help me function in various aspects of my life, like having a hospital available 30 minutes away and functional roads, but also quiet and peaceful enough for me to go out there and socialize with my neighbours.

If I were to choose between rural and a busy urban neighbourhood, then I'd choose rural life. I'd rather be in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of cattle and chicken but maintaining my inner piece, rather than going crazy on a cement cage assaulted by traffic noise all day and night.

maxen57

Postby maxen57 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:25 pm

I live in a place where nature and the comforts of modern civilization are merged into one. The town of Malvar, Batangas is nestled between Tanauan City and Lipa City, just 71.9km south of Manila. My town aims to be a retirement location where farmlands are abundant and newly developed residential areas are built. There are also elementary schools, high schools and a college campus just a few steps were I live. For someone like myself who wants the comfort that can be found in nature and the conveniences that come with progress, I believe I'm in the best of both worlds.

kamai

Postby kamai » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:28 pm

Being surrounded by nature seems like the best way to live not only because its beautiful but because the air is cleaner. I live in the city right now and it can get quite noisy and dirty and I don't like it. I really wish I was in the rural side of this state.

remnant

Postby remnant » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 am

I have experience in both rural and urban setups. The balance of favour in my case is decidedly for a rural lifestyle. There is less noise, pollution and the crime rate is minimal. Food is also fresh from the farm and also cheap. There are also better social support structures in rural areas. But I would not consider living in remote villages away from urban areas.

mauricioq

Postby mauricioq » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am

Honestly, depends on my mood. Living in the city is great because you have a lot of resources close to you, but the rural life is way better to chill and spend some quality time with your friends and family.

ohgodlol

Postby ohgodlol » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Ideally I would be able to have both. I would love to live in an entertaining, exciting city with easy access to everything I need. But I'd also like to be able to have a home in a rural area that I could escape to during the weekend. However, I'm definitely more of a city person because I like to be able to make plans to go out with my friends and have an invigorating social life. Plus it's important to me to be able to have everything close by since I don't have a car right now. Public transportation is hardly reliable outside city centers. Still, both places have their charms.

Eleonor

Postby Eleonor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:30 pm

I prefer to retire in the countryside where the air is fresh and where I can do small farming. That doesn't mean that I will not be enjoying modern amenities because nowadays, most rural areas have internet connection, cable TV, and electricity. I just want a more laid back lifestyle where I can do things in my own pace. I have cousins who live in the countryside in Pangasinan and I am envious because they get to sleep at 8pm and wake up at 5am whereas I'd reach home at 8pm, sleep at 11pm, and get up at 5am.

Dove

Postby Dove » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:19 am

When I was little I used to enjoy rural life a lot. The contact with nature, the animals, and the freedom you can enjoy out there. However, as I've grown older my taste for the fast-paced living in the city has increased and surpassed the enjoyment of rural life. Cities give you endless possibilities, specially cities like mine.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”