Opening a business in Philippines

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
idanv3
United States of America

Opening a business in Philippines

Postby idanv3 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:04 am

I am thinking about opening a small restaurant or carry-out... Angeles City Philippines...and want to know the best locations, the cost of renting/leasing a commercial space.

maxen57

Re: Opening a business in Philippines

Postby maxen57 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 am

I think it would be a good idea to go browse Entrepreneur.com.ph for a good read on how to start a restaurant or any other kinds of business here in the Philippines. They usually have guides on where to start and a directory of suppliers. I'm from Batangas so I have no idea how much it would be to rent a space for a business of that caliber.

abelinc
Philippines

Postby abelinc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:59 pm

You might want to look into the city of Angeles's government webpage: http://angelescity.gov.ph/
Just browse through the site, and you'll find there links in Doing Business in Angeles City, Pampanga. There's a section on Downloadable Forms where you can download its Business Permit Form for either NEW application or RENEWAL application. Look into the eBOSS section of the website. eBOSS or (Electronic Business One-Stop Shop) is a computer-based system used in the processing and issuance of business permits in the city of Angeles, Pampanga.
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:07 pm

A foreigner who is going to open a business in the Philippines would need the help of a resident who can be trusted. There are many traps in the processing of a start up like the needed documents such as business name registration, business permit, tax registration and even the rent of the business place can have an issue. A foreigner may have a hard time with the start up if he would do it all by himself.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:24 am

The price of opening a business in the Philippines varies, you should research into it more, the cost of rent and the income bracket of the majority of the people that live in your area should be the main consideration, so that you would know if you would sell to an upper class, middle class, or mass market.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:57 am

I have never been to Philippines, therefore, I do not know what kind of businesses are in demand and what are the best business locations. However, I think you should consider an online business instead of an offline business. When you have an online business you can not only sell locally but also internationally.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”