What is unique about your city/counrty?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
lexinonomous

Re: What is unique about your city/counrty?

Postby lexinonomous » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 pm

Honestly, I have never stopped to think of the wonderful parts of my city. My city seems fairly normal to me, but to someone else it might be a treasure. I grew up in the city of Riverside California. Our downtown area has become a great place to be and brings in numerous tourists. We have a lot of events that go on in the Downtown area, such as The Lunar Festival, Cinco De Mayo, Day of The Dead, and more. We are most commonly known for our "Festival of Lights" event during the Christmas season. They light up the Mission Inn, have ice skating, and tons of amazing vendors.

Arya Snark

Postby Arya Snark » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:59 pm

My current hometown, Katowice, is situated in a large metropolitan area, and the most striking feature is its post-industrial character - when you travel around, you constantly bump into converted facotry buildings, abndoned mine shafts etc. However, contrary to people in Poland often think, it\;s not a slag desert - in fact, there are beautiful, huge forest areas right outside the southern outskirts of the city. We also have a large sports arena that looks like a flying saucer:
Attachments
z11893166Q,Spodek-w-Katowicach.jpg
z11893166Q,Spodek-w-Katowicach.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 5074 times

mauricioq

Postby mauricioq » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:33 am

I live in Portugal, very close to the capital (Lisbon) and what I really like about my city and country is how close we are to the sea. We are completely surrounded by the sea, and we also have a lot of rivers. Also the climate is very warm!

Casiox

Postby Casiox » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:40 am

My country (Venezuela) Is well known by our beautiful women and beautiful landscapes, we're also well recognized by our former president Chavez which just died some years ago, also because we're the country with the biggest inflation rate in the whole universe so far.

Dove

Postby Dove » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:22 am

I'm from the Dominican Republic. It is relatively small and has so much to offer. By being in the heart of the Caribbean we have great beaches, that people can visit all time around, and each of them have a different kind of beauty. We have also many caves where people swim, and waterfalls were people bathe. Have a great amount of biodiversity, great food, happy people who's always willing to dance. What else would you want?

av8r27
India

Postby av8r27 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:15 am

I live in the city of Mumbai, India. The financial capital of India. It is called as the city that never sleeps. This city is working day and night to meet the huge demands of the country's markets. This is one of the most populated cities in the world. Even if this city closed for one single day, it can have lead to millions of dollars in looses to the Indian economy. The life here is too fast and people value time and it is of prime importance in this city. This city is not for lazy people.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:46 pm

The weather which is tropical makes it unique, also the food that seems to be lacking in the US and other countries. The language also makes my country unique.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”