What is unique about your city/counrty?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
Stephenkt
United States of America

What is unique about your city/counrty?

Postby Stephenkt » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:11 pm

What makes your country or city unique? What about your place would make someone else want to visit?

nangk08
India

Re: What is unique about your city/counrty?

Postby nangk08 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:38 am

I am from India and everything about it is unique, the different states with each having its own language and sub-dialects, the beautiful weather, nature, colours in the nature, colours that people wear and use, a wide range of cultural traditions and rituals, foods, and most importantly, fun-loving nature of the people etc. is what makes it unique. :)

lolita
Nepal

Postby lolita » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:47 pm

I am from Nepal. Here are some of the unique features of Nepal.
Nepal is the birthplace of the Buddha, the founder of Buddhism.
Nepal is a home to world's highest including Everest, the world's tallest mountain.
Nepal is famous for wildlife. You can find one-horned rhino and royal Bengal Tiger.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:03 am

The Philippines is a unique country because of the countless of dialects spoken in the more than 7,000 islands. But what I would recommend for foreigners to visit our country is for the taste of our hospitality. Filipinos are naturally hospitable and accommodating especially in the rural areas hence most foreigners prefer to stay in resorts in the provinces than in the city. People here are warm and you can sample the native food that is exotic and delicious.

ptahm22
Kenya

Postby ptahm22 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 am

I'm from Kenya and my country is known mainly for excellence in athletics especially track events. We only have two seasons in a year, in some parts we live with wild animals. A woman from our country was the first woman to win a Nobel prize.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:24 am

I live in Lisbon, Portugal, and what's unique about Lisbon is that we have a mix of ancient architecture, monuments, and modern buildings. Also, we are 20 minutes away from several beaches and mountains, so this ends up placing us in a great region. What makes more unique is how friendly people are and our food, for me the best food in the world! :)

jy76
Zodiac: Sagittarius
United States of America

Postby jy76 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:16 pm

In my city in Northeast Tennessee as well as my overall area, bluegrass is very big. Bluegrass is a musical genre which relies heavily on the banjo, double bass, the huge bass guitar which stands up, mandolin, violin, and guitar. Note, outside the US, some people have claimed the banjo is a dead instrument maybe only heard in some orchestras. Nonetheless, in my area, it is a very popular instrument.

Finally, another big attraction to where I live is the mountains. In fact, some of these mountains, like the Clinch and especially the Blue Ridge, are very large.

maxen57

Postby maxen57 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm from the province of Batangas and hailed from the town of Malvar. My hometown is being promoted as a good place to retire and possibly get a property. We are situated between two cities: Tanauan City and Lipa City. It's not big enough to be a city but we have the conveniences of a typical hometown like a medical clinic, convenience stores, farmers market, schools (grade schools, high schools and a college campus, a local government unit and other businesses like local eateries and Internet cafes. Not far from here are farms and lands being developed for industrial purposes.

kamai

Postby kamai » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:30 pm

I'm currently living in Cancun, Mexico. Tourists are usually looking forward to going to the clear blue watered beaches and the Mayan ruins. The seafood dishes are also super popular here since this is a beachy place with very clean white sand.

nicksab

Postby nicksab » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:21 pm

I currently live in Suwon, South Korea. It is located about 20 minutes south of Seoul. What makes it unique in my mind is the culture and the pace of life which is defined by a city located so close to a major hub of the world. You have the convenience of traveling and taking advantage of the lifestyle in Seoul while also being far enough to not have to deal with the traffic and the rush of the city from day to day.

If you haven't visited Korea in general I think that it is often overlooked but well worth the visit. The food, entertainment and sites are all worth the time it takes to venture out here. I especially am a fan of Korean BBQ, which in itself is a great experience to share with friends both new and old alike.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”