Worst part of traveling

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
Kieranlewix
Zodiac: Virgo
Kenya

Re: Worst part of traveling

Postby Kieranlewix » Sat May 19, 2018 8:42 am

The worst part of travelling would be the journey itself, in my opinion. :D I am not a fan of travelling especially when we're talking about a distance of over 100 km .Everything is cumbersome from the packing to the loading of luggage on the vehicle. I find it hard to stay still for long periods of time, so you can imagine what being in a metal box for over an hour does to me. I feel like the sides are closing in on me and that makes me very paranoid. I also suck at small talk so I can't even talk to try and reduce my boredom.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:44 am

The worst part of traveling is when there's an unannounced delay on my flight in which even the airline officials doesn't know how long the delay would be. This happened to me in both international and local flights, usually whenever theres an incoming or outgoing tropical storm. The longest delay I've experienced was 16 hours and because they can't say what time the next flight was, we where stuck in the departure area for that long.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Some of the worst things about travel would be uncomfortable airplanes, airport security checks, the entire flying experience, dealing with luggage so I like to pack light, also dealing with unruly kids and adults alike when flying, the price of flying and don't forget the check in process as well at airports.

bobby7227
United States of America

Postby bobby7227 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 am

The worst part of traveling to me is having to go to the airport. I particularly dislike going to the airport in Manila Philippines. It's very confusing and it takes forever to try to get your luggage. When you finally do make it out of the airport it's hard to find the people that you came to meet because they are not allowed in the airport. So, you have to walk out of the airport and go to another location and try to find them.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:08 pm

The worst experience in travelling is whenever you get lost and worst if you get scammed or robbed. That's why I always have my smartphone with me so that I can get directions. Also be aware of your surrounding as to prevent being robbed .

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm

It may not be the worst for other travelers but for me the most dreaded situation is being held up in the air. There was a time when the plane couldn't land in the old Kai Tak airport in Hongkong. We were circling in the air for more than 30 minutes and it really got to my nerves. Now I know that it can happen again due to the excessive number of airplanes in airports.

rnastee
United States of America

Postby rnastee » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:16 am

To me it all depends on what type of traveling I'm doing. If I'm flying it is definitely the takeoff and landing. The turbulence freaks me out. When it happens on takeoff and landing always have a feeling that the plan is going to crash. Even after years of flying, I still have to same worries.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”