Worst part of traveling

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Worst part of traveling

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:41 am

It is the unpacking of suitcases which I dislike the most. This is followed by the loads of laundry, which needs to be dealt with. From washing, ironing to rearranging them in the almirah, I dislike doing each and every bit of it. In addition to it, my 3 year old son increases my travel stuff manifolds, so the unpacking part of the trip becomes cumbersome.

Which part of traveling do you dislike the most?

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: Worst part of traveling

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:25 am

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:It is the unpacking of suitcases which I dislike the most. This is followed by the loads of laundry, which needs to be dealt with. From washing, ironing to rearranging them in the almirah, I dislike doing each and every bit of it. In addition to it, my 3 year old son increases my travel stuff manifolds, so the unpacking part of the trip becomes cumbersome.

Which part of traveling do you dislike the most?

In addition to some of the dislikes you mentioned, I also don't like engaging in any activity like washing the house, cooking or rearranging stuff. We get tired while traveling even if we had spend hours just sitting on the bus.

Nowadays, all we do when we reach the destination is to eat and then sleep. We do the unpacking, washing and cooking the next day. We invest on Takeaway foods and snacks while traveling to make it easy to enjoy the trip. We also pack less clothes and make sure we leave with what we can carry. After all, traveling is meant to be enjoyable. :D

fishbate
Philippines

Postby fishbate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:22 am

I don't like long lines at the airport. There are times that the time waiting in line is longer than the approval specially in the immigration department. Although i have good experiences in other countries like Dubai, i have one experience in an Asian Country that i cant forget. I just hope that management on that airport attend to the problem.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 am

I hate parking my traveling clothes, I would procrastinate till few hours before the travel then I would be forced to go and park. Sometimes I have forgotten to park some necessary or important things that I need and be forced to buy it on the way.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:58 am

I think that the worst part of traveling for me is (if I haven't been there before) the uncertainty of not knowing what to expect. That is the hardest part for me. A part of me is excited to be going to somewhere new...but another part of me is terrified of the unknown.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sat May 12, 2018 5:10 am

I have one peculiar problem when it comes to traveling, I think it's somehow psychological because I tend to have a running stomach on the day of my travel which makes the journey more difficult difficult and uncomfortable for me. Nothing would be wrong with me till the morning I'm going to travel and the stomach problem would kick in, this is very embarrassing for me.

cherimae
Australia

Postby cherimae » Sat May 12, 2018 5:20 am

I love traveling, but I hate flying! I don't like being in a small confined space with a lot of other people, and I almost always get sick when I fly, probably because of all the recycled air spreading germs about!

I wish there was an easier and quicker way of getting from A to B, but I don't think there is...until time travel is invented, maybe!

jaypinoy
Philippines

Postby jaypinoy » Sat May 12, 2018 7:06 am

I will always hate the long hours of commuting I have to make in order to get in to our International Airport. Lviving in Cebu City, it's very hard to travel anywhere because Mactan International Airport is in another city which is Lapu-Lapu. The stress of waiting for a mybus at SM is the first stress I'll have to overcome and next will be the traffic in Mandaue City and I really hate it. It makes me very exhausted and haggard looking. I also want to add that the Airlines' rules about being at the Airport at least 2 hours before the flight is also stressful and it adds up to the worst parts of travelling for me.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 am

I agree with you packing and unpacking is the worst thing when you travel, but what I hate the most is forgetting a thing in one place, for example, my son forget one of its toys called Kendama in the hotel we stayed for a few days. We left the hotel and traveled around 50 kilometers and he remembered about the toy, we had to go back and take it. We have tried to tell him that when we will reach in the capital we will buy him another new one but he started to cry saying that he wants the old one, so, we had to return to the hotel (thank God we found it).

Travis_Jaan
United States of America

Postby Travis_Jaan » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 am

wallet , Such kind of things could be real headache during travel. It makes mantely upset. I personally don't like packing because often left something at home that could make trouble. So, I try to agree my sister to watch out what to pack or what not. Can say for me packing is the worst part of traveling.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”