What if parents don't want the person you love?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: What if parents don't want the person you love?

Postby mildredtabitha » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:56 pm

TingJ wrote:Oh! I experienced this before. Unfortunately, the parents of my boyfriend did not like me. After having sad experiences for this, we still continued our relationship. Until such time, I gave up. My only comment for this is that the guy should stand firm to the love for his girlfriend. What happened to me is that he wanted to please his mother and at the same time he could not leave me. It was a dilemma on his part. I pitied him so I gave up. My reason is to free him. :D

Sorry for this experience. Most men always commit this mistake. They never understand that mothers (mother inlaw) could be the one not respecting his relationship, girlfriend or wife.

I would definitely do the same. To quit if I ever feel I am competing for his love or attention.

potentialwriter
Zodiac: Gemini
Nigeria

Postby potentialwriter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:08 am

This is a very sensitive topic that has affected millions of lives in all parts of the world. When it's time for a child to choose a marriage partner, parents have different kinds of thoughts about it and this always affects the life of a child who is not allowed to choose the one he loves to marry. Some parents would want to interfere in this whereas it's totally wrong and they unfortunately do this to the detriment of their own lives and that of the child without knowing. The best thing they could have done is to let the child choose for himself.

If my parents don't love the person I want to marry, I would tell them to marry the person they like into their home and live with her together while I go ahead looking for who I would love to marry.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:15 am

potentialwriter wrote:This is a very sensitive topic that has affected millions of lives in all parts of the world. When it's time for a child to choose a marriage partner, parents have different kinds of thoughts about it and this always affects the life of a child who is not allowed to choose the one he loves to marry. Some parents would want to interfere in this whereas it's totally wrong and they unfortunately do this to the detriment of their own lives and that of the child without knowing. The best thing they could have done is to let the child choose for himself.

If my parents don't love the person I want to marry, I would tell them to marry the person they like into their home and live with her together while I go ahead looking for who I would love to marry.

I like your point :D. It might sound disrespectful to say that but it is the pure truth. The parents are not the ones marrying neither are they the ones to start a life with someone new. So they have little or no say in their child's relationship.

Although I should fear my parents getting mad and cursing me, I should not let them make decisions for me like choosing a partner.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”