The dependent visa in the US

Ask and share information about any visa process that you have or have experience. Feel free to post links also.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

The dependent visa in the US

Postby Alexandoy » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:20 pm

My brother who got his citizenship the other year said that he had petitioned his 2 daughters who are in the Philippines. When approved the daughters can get an immigration visa to live with their parents. That would be wonderful and I'm sure my brother is already excited. However, it will take at least 2 years for the processing.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: The dependent visa in the US

Postby justin » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:52 pm

The US law allows the relatives of individuals living in the US to travel to the US through a dependent Visa. However this privileged is widely abused in many countries. People are froging documents in order to show themselves as spouse or kids to travel to the US. The term "paper-marriage for US visa" is very popular in my home country.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: The dependent visa in the US

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:30 am

Two years is a long time and it doesn't make sense why it would take that long. 6 months duration would be better.

I would also take the advantage and do so if I were married to an America man. This will mean it would be easier to get a second citizenship and I would avoid the long process.

Return to “Work, Travel, Tourist, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas”