Harder Than Ever To Travel

Ask and share information about any visa process that you have or have experience. Feel free to post links also.
pwarbi
Great Britain

Harder Than Ever To Travel

Postby pwarbi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:14 am

These days, due to the amount of terrorism throughout the world, more and more countries are imposing stricter regulations when it comes to entering. That isn't just for people looking to emigrate and start a new life, but even for the tourists that are just looking to visit for a couple of weeks. Countries such as the USA and the UK are imposing stricter protocols when it comes to applying for visas, and it seems as if anybody wanting to enter the countries are being met with scepticism as to why they are wanting to visit.

Do these stricter measures that are being put in place put you off travelling, or do you just see it as all part and parcel of the world we live in these days? If you already live abroad and work in a particular country, I just wanted to hear some experiences that you may have had, good and bad, as I myself was looking to go and work in the US for 12 months but I'm now starting to doubt if I would even be able to get in, and if I did...would I be made welcome anyway?

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Harder Than Ever To Travel

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 pm

We only travel in Asia and in selected countries only that are safe from terrorism and war. Right now I am in Japan and fear of terrorism is far from my mind. It is ironic that we have 6 trips this year to different countries but there is no local trip. I have to admit that traveling to the province is not that safe. I would rather travel abroad.

pwarbi
Great Britain

Postby pwarbi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:13 am

The days of just travelling to a country because you want to, are gone now it seems. Before we even plan a trip now we have to make sure that the country is safe, what sort of procedures are in place for foreign visitors in case something does happen, and by the time you have read all the warnings and taken all the advice that's out there we simply feel it's not worth it.

While I can obviously understand why there are precautions and why countries are making it harder than ever to travel there, it's just a shame that it looks like the terrorists are winning because even though we get told to carry on with our lives normally so they don't win, we are then being told don't travel to particular places even if we want to.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 am

With the world wide increasing terrorism there is no surety of safe and sound day travel. Even if you successfully get the travel visa and plan a trip it always no less than a blessing to return back home safe and sound.

Moreover I feel that there is no harm if the Government of any country imposes strict rules and regulations in rendering visa outsiders. We should understand that these steps are mandatory so as to ensure the safety of the civilians as well as the tourists.

harijobs
India

Postby harijobs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 am

It is true that it is getting difficult to travel internationally due to the increased terrorist activities but I think posing strict rules are protection measures taken by that country to protect their people. Even I have planned to go to the US for a job and then dropped because of the difficulties that lie in getting a visa. I hope this will change soon and we will be free to travel without any fear.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:31 am

Whith the corona going on i just prefer to stay at home.I would,advice people to just stay in their country and not to travel.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:21 am

Covid-19 has made it harder than ever to travel abroad, so if it's not necessary to go abroad then people should refrain from doing it. You'll never know, that trip might be your last because of Covid-19.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:31 am

Our trip to Seoul, South Korea for November 2020 was cancelled by the airline so we rebooked the flight to June 2021. Again, our flight was cancelled so it looks like not a good idea to travel during this pandemic era. Maybe we just have to wait until covid is gone otherwise we will just experience inconvenience in booking a flight.

Return to “Work, Travel, Tourist, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas”