philippine finance visa

Ask and share information about any visa process that you have or have experience. Feel free to post links also.
sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

philippine finance visa

Postby sammyk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 pm

how long does the philippine fiance visa take and how much is it?

kamai

Re: philippine finance visa

Postby kamai » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 pm

I believe it takes less than a year probably even six months. I don't know the whole process but thats what I was told by my friend who went through the process it depends.

bobby7227
United States of America

Postby bobby7227 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:45 pm

I think the whole process takes less than a year

christopheril11
United States of America

Postby christopheril11 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:11 pm

I got this from http://manila.usembassy.gov/

The K visa is a visa for a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen who will travel to the United States to marry and take up indefinite residence after marriage. To qualify for a fiancé(e) visa, the following criteria must be met:

one party is a U.S. Citizen;
both parties are legally free to marry; and
the marriage will take place within 90 days of the fiancé(e) entering the United States on the fiancé(e) visa.

U.S. citizens who wish to bring their fiancé(e) to the United States on a K visa must first file a petition with USCIS in the United States.

The K visa does not automatically grant U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident (LPR) status to the beneficiaries. Those who qualify for K visas will be able to join their partners in the United States as a nonimmigrant, without the potentially long period of separation during the petition process. Once married, they will need to adjust their immigration status in the United States to become lawful permanent residents.

Application Procedures for the K Visa

STEP 1: File the Petition: File the I-129F petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that covers your permanent place of residence. The Form I-129F is available online. The petition must be filed in the United States.

STEP 2: USCIS approves the petition: Once the petition is approved, USCIS sends it to the National Visa Center (NVC) to collect further required documents. NVC then forwards the petition to the Embassy in Manila.

NOTE: Approval of a visa petition does not necessarily mean a visa will be issued. Only a consular officer at the Embassy may determine a person’s eligibility to receive a visa.

STEP 3: The applicant is notified: K visa applicants, who have been notified by the Embassy to prepare for their interview, must pay the visa application fee before they can schedule a visa appointment via the online appointment website or the Visa Information and Appointment Service.

STEP 4: Apply for the visa: After the applicant pays the non-refundable application/processing fee and completes the required medical examination at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic, he/she appears at the Embassy for the scheduled visa interview with all the required documents.

The consular officer adjudicates the application based on the visa interview, documents submitted by the applicant and any relevant information available to the Embassy. The consular officer determines the applicant’s eligibility to be issued the K visa. If the application is approved, the visa will be delivered to the applicant's residence by a guaranteed courier service. If the consular officer determines that the applicant is not eligible for visa issuance, this will be explained to the applicant who will be provided a written refusal sheet that informs her/him:

How the visa refusal may be overcome with additional documentation or information;
To await notification from the Embassy if the case will require further review; or
The basis for the determination of a visa ineligibility under U.S. immigration law and if a waiver of ineligibility is available.

Novelangel

Postby Novelangel » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:29 am

It depends on which country the marriage is going to take place in. You need to do your research if you're planning an international wedding sometime soon. If the ceremony is taking place in your own country, then you need to be the one to apply for the visa and you need to do research on how long it takes. That information is readily available online, but it varies from country to country so you really need to be specific when you make your inquiries. The process is helped by being patient and following all of the rules to the letter. If your country insists that you visit your intended at least once before the marriage, then that is what you need to plan on doing. If one of you is from the United States, it's much easier for a person from the U.S. to visit a foreign fiance, so you may want to make plans for that to expedite the process as much as possible. Always do the simplest thing, (the path of least resistance) so the whole experience can be made more favorable for both of you.

BrendaNicole
United States of America

Postby BrendaNicole » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:34 pm

The Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, Section 13 (a) you are eligible for permanent residency in the Philippines. This visa is issued to an alien on the basis of his valid marriage to a Philippine citizen. For more details visit here https://rateking.net/

Return to “Work, Travel, Tourist, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas”