Would you buy a house in a foreign country?

Ask and share information about any visa process that you have or have experience. Feel free to post links also.
Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Would you buy a house in a foreign country?

Postby Heatman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 am

There are people who are well taken with travelling the world and mixing with several different kinds of people, their culture and way of life. Some even go to the extent of getting incorporated into such society and be just like one of them, without you being told he or she is a visitor, you will never know.

Now, I would like to ask if you find yourself being in a foreign country, and having gotten to live with them for a while and come to behave like one of them, would you go to the extent of buying or building a house of your own in such place or rather keep living in a rented apartment?

mlrt
Philippines

Re: Would you buy a house in a foreign country?

Postby mlrt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 am

If only I have big amount of money I would definitely love to buy house in a foreign country. It is necessary because whenever I want to be alone and refresh my mind from problems or difficulties in life, I will just make a trip and stay to that house.I don't need to lease or check in hotels. I'll just welcome and invite my friends to visit me and we'll have food and movie trips.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:41 am

Hi, Heatman I would sure buy a house in a foreign country if I could afford one. I heard that in Bulgary and Poland houses are very cheap, anyway, it cost less than my country. Here in Romania a house with 3 rooms and have all you need (water, gas, light, cable, phone, etc) with a small yard of 60 meters cost 75 000 euros, in Bulgary the same house cost 50 000 euros.
I truly think it worth the investment!

hallowishie
Philippines

Postby hallowishie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:42 am

There are a lot of aspects to be looked upon to in buying a house in a foreign country. You should always take not of the cost of living in that specific country you are eyeing for. You should be well aware and educated on the foreign ownership laws and if you don’t know what a particular country’s rules are, you can always contact a real estate attorney who knows how to execute foreign transactions. Another thing to take not of is your finances because one of the trickiest aspects of buying a home overseas is figuring out the financing.

Before buying a home overseas, it’s important to be aware of your legal rights and obligations. Putting together a home buying team that includes a real estate attorney, a real estate agent and a mortgage lender who are familiar with the ins and outs of foreign real estate purchases can help the process go more smoothly. Well as for me, I do not consider myself buying a house in a foreign country.

Elise31
Philippines

Postby Elise31 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 am

I've been wanting to buy a house in a foreign country, soon.
Because there's a lot of things that needs to be consider, like papers, things that needs to be processed, etc., and for now I can't handle those things, but I'm really looking forward to it.
The countries I've been thinking of are USA, South Korea, and Singapore :)

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:49 am

It's my dream to buy a house at any foreign country but yet all in vain. However, love to say wanna select Singapore for but house there. What say would it be best or not? I will see your views after this acadia national park tour from new york city

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm

I will never make such a big investment until and unless I'm confident that I will stay at that particular place for at least the next 20 years of my life. I'm very stringent when it comes to spending money. If buying my own house costs me less than the house rent for 20 years l, then only I will opt for it.

The worst part of investing in a property is that it is very unsure about the final returns . The prices keep fluctuating up and down. Moreover, on immediate basis, it is hard to sell the property at a good price.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:49 am

Yes I would buy a house in a foreign country. As long as I like the place and everyone is friendly, I wouldn't mind considering it my home as well. I would prefer building a house after getting the citizenship of that country. :D

xobe
Philippines

Postby xobe » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:12 am

Definitely yes. If I'll be given a chance to purchase a house in foreign country I'll choose the state of Florida because majority of my relatives are living there. They said that Florida is the best place for investing a house and lots people who lived there are more likely class A. Though the cost of living there is quite expensive but the environment is so nice and friendly. Low crime rate and smokers are not welcome on that place.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Oh yes, if I would have money I would buy a house in Bulgary, I heard there the houses are cheaper then my country. If I could I would buy a vacation house there and I would use it only when I would go on vacation to the sea or just to travel for a few weeks.

Return to “Work, Travel, Tourist, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas”