Single Parents and Challenges They Encounter While Courting.

Ask and share information about any visa process that you have or have experience. Feel free to post links also.
sweerie_banana
Kenya

Single Parents and Challenges They Encounter While Courting.

Postby sweerie_banana » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Hi. I am a singke mom of a six year olf gire. I have never been married before. Babby's daddy never stepped up as the dad oh well I am not complaining. I did date afterwards but I have never met anyone who would man up and raise my daughter and be there for me. I think I basically have trust issues. I ask myself occasionally, "would they love my daughter and treat her right?".

Do you have a child that you raise single handedly? Whats are some of the challenges you encounter if you have ever decided to date again? Was it easy meeting someone else?
Can yoiu date a single parent like you? Are you specific about the person you wanna date?
I am skeptical about the person I date cause:

1. People are often jealous and they get jealous of kids.
Adults are rediculous and they get jealous over the attention you give your kids. I cannot neglect my own child and start giving an adult unnecessary attention. There is no competition for attention here. You are both very dear to me and as ironic as that sounds there is a type of love for a child and one for a partner. I have heard of extreme cases where one is told to choose between the date or the kids.

2. I waste less time on potential partners.

If a first date goes wrong, I just back off. I trust my instincts and I just want a dramma free life. I feel like I have changed drastically and time means money. I would rather work than go to pointless dates.

I don't have time as a single mom, I have to raise and be there for my daughter. I barely have time to interract with people. So you only have one chance.

What do you think? Are you a single parent and dating?

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Single Parents and Challenges They Encounter While Courting.

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:32 am

When I was young a single parent, whether the mother or father, has little chance of getting married. Having a child out of marriage is a big demerit in the society's impression. But now I have seen the big changes in our culture that everyone is on even terms now whether single or single parent. For me being a single parent is not an issue.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:37 am

Your kid will become adult, go to other cities for education or work get into relationship, get married. It is good that you are not trusting men because you have a daughter. But when your daughter will leave you someday (I started the reasons) , you will be heart broken, you will be sad, lonely, and frail woman.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:33 am

Years ago when me and my ex wife separated, my sons were about 7 and 9. One of the hardest parts about trying to raise them and dating was trying to decide what type of woman I should introduce them to.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:41 am

ricky1874 wrote:Years ago when me and my ex wife separated, my sons were about 7 and 9. One of the hardest parts about trying to raise them and dating was trying to decide what type of woman I should introduce them to.

For me, the main consideration of a separation is the children. It is painful to realize that the children will be deprived of a family. But that is the law of nature and there are situations that call for a separation or divorce. I passed that too and I was fortunate to have a good 2nd wife.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:01 am

Well if I were to observe others, I would have to say that the competition for attention is quite prevalent in dating and it can happen between the child or the rival suitors. Depending on the person, it can get bad or luckily, amicable.

Return to “Work, Travel, Tourist, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas”