Booking room through Airbnb

Ask and share information about any visa process that you have or have experience. Feel free to post links also.
justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Booking room through Airbnb

Postby justin » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:52 pm

Air BnB is an online marketplace for homestay. Travellers can rent a room or an apartment, for comparatively a lower price than a hotel, when they travel abroad and homeowners can rent their rooms/apartments and make money.
I don't have a home, therefore, renting out my apartment is not n option for me, but if I want I can book a room through Airbnb. Have you used airbnb services?

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Booking room through Airbnb

Postby Alexandoy » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:19 am

My wife and I often travel abroad but always stay in a hotel. My sister-in-law tried the Airbnb in Hongkong when she took a vacation there with her family and relatives totaling 10 people. On the day of leaving the lock on the door wouldn't open so they informed the caretaker via social media (because they have no local sim card for the phone). It took 5 hours before they got a response. With a hotel the problem is solved instantly.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Re: Booking room through Airbnb

Postby dottie » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:48 pm

I haven't tried using AirBnB yet, but I do know it's a cheap way to rent a room when you're abroad. Hopefully the caretaker is trustworthy and reliable, because if there's a problem it would be a trouble to deal with it.

Return to “Work, Travel, Tourist, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas”