Are you afraid to take an adventure?

This is a forum for all who are interested in volunteer traveling. If you have questions about what it is or how to get involved, please post them. And for those that do have experience, please share your experience and which organizations are good to try.
Kidthebilly
Zodiac: Gemini
Venezuela

Are you afraid to take an adventure?

Postby Kidthebilly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:46 pm

For a little more than a year I have wanted to travel backpacking throughout the world, so I have searched on websites how to do it and where to start. Sometimes I get emails from people or organizations that look for people with my profile, other websites asking for volunteers and jobs that have a time limit to apply and I do not know what happens to me but I never take the step to postulate or reply to an email. Do you think it is fear of something, that I must do it and take the adventure?

ipa07
Croatia

Re: Are you afraid to take an adventure?

Postby ipa07 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:52 am

Go on the adventure. Try something new and you will feel better and you will feel like you accomplished something. You will learn new people and places, there is nothing bad about going to adventure.

StolenKid
Venezuela

Postby StolenKid » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 am

Yes, I am :lol: I am really afraid whether it's for the money, or the situation of my country, which is Venezuela and i'ts been a little hard for us here, BUT if I get the chance to get out and go explore the world, I think I wouldn't miss the chance.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:12 am

If I get any kind of chance like this to explore all the world places then I never miss that chance. Because this is my ambition to explore all the places of the world and take one world tour. I suggest you will try to take this tour without any afraid. In this life, must try to do something adventurous.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:42 am

This is something that I've always wanted to do...travel the world and backpacking. Like you, I'm a little scared to start, but sometimes if you really want to do something you just have to start it. My goal is to start my travels starting next year. I wish you luck in your future travels.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:46 am

ricky1874! You are right. If anyone wants to do something in life then they just have to start it. I also want to travel around the world and I have started it for a few years ago. Now I have visited lots of the places around the world. But still, I want to explore more places in my future places.

Liezel08
Philippines

Postby Liezel08 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm

I do not fear adventures. I am always open to experience something new and different. Getting out of my comfort zone made a big impact in my life.
It is when I start to see things clearly, learn more about my surroundings, realize new ideas, develop my abilities, expand my network, achieve more and find satisfaction and contentment. Those are just some of the numerous advantages of taking a new adventure in your life that I still have been receiving until today.

Undeniably, there are adventures that seems so scary and pull our confidence to the lowest level. Just facing the adventure is terrifying but taking the first step to take it is more fearsome. But we need to keep in mind that beginning is the hardest indeed. After that, everything will start to come clearer and easier. Though this is not always the case, taking a new adventure will bring yourself up to a new level of your life. It can make you stronger and bolder. So don't to be afraid to take the opportunity to experience a different adventure. Who knows what good is waiting for you out there? There's no harm in trying but be wise enough to take care of yourself. ;)

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:09 pm

I would love to go on an adventure trip, but my family responsibilities hold me back. Adventure is always uncertain. There are equal chances of good v/s bad experiences. I can tolerate bad experiences to some extent, but when it comes to staking my life then I'm definitely afraid.

Return to “Volunteer Travel”