safepassage.com

This is a forum for all who are interested in volunteer traveling. If you have questions about what it is or how to get involved, please post them. And for those that do have experience, please share your experience and which organizations are good to try.
paul480
United States of America

safepassage.com

Postby paul480 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Safe Passage is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working in Guatemala City to bring hope, education, and opportunity to the children and families living in extreme poverty around the City's garbage dump. Our program serves about 600 children, ranging in age from 2 to 21 years, and 100 mothers coming from nearly 300 families in the surrounding neighborhoods.

http://www.safepassage.org

"You only live once in life...so enjoy it as much as you can!!"

abelinc
Philippines

Re: safepassage.com

Postby abelinc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:33 am

Wow! This is a pretty neat program. I wish I know how to speak Spanish. I surely would want the opportunity to be able to volunteer and help out. Unfortunately, I doubt if I'll be able to afford being away from home for so long.
But to those who have the resources and the time for it, you guys should look into it. Check out the link provided by the original poster. This just might be your chance to help out and explore a world different from your own.
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

paul480
United States of America

Re: safepassage.com

Postby paul480 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 am

abelinc wrote:Wow! This is a pretty neat program. I wish I know how to speak Spanish. I surely would want the opportunity to be able to volunteer and help out. Unfortunately, I doubt if I'll be able to afford being away from home for so long.
But to those who have the resources and the time for it, you guys should look into it. Check out the link provided by the original poster. This just might be your chance to help out and explore a world different from your own.

Hopefully one day you'll be able to travel and volunteer too. It's a great experience and you not only meet great people but, you also get to see and experience different cultures.
"You only live once in life...so enjoy it as much as you can!!"

Return to “Volunteer Travel”