Do you travel to other countries to volunteer?

This is a forum for all who are interested in volunteer traveling. If you have questions about what it is or how to get involved, please post them. And for those that do have experience, please share your experience and which organizations are good to try.
justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Do you travel to other countries to volunteer?

Postby justin » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:35 pm

Volunteering is one of the easiest ways to travel to other countries for cheap. You may not earn money through volunteering but most of the volunteering organizations will pay for your travel, accommodation, and food. In my home country, it is easy to get a Visa or to extend Visa if you are volunteering. A lot of foreigners come to our country to volunteer.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Re: Do you travel to other countries to volunteer?

Postby dottie » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:23 pm

No I haven't tried it yet since I don't have a passport, but I probably will not, since I'm not fond of volunteering anyway, and I don't want to be away from my home country.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:46 pm

I would definitely love to volunteer in another country one day. This is one of the many things on my bucket list in life to do

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:25 pm

This is something that I'm very interested in trying and would love to go to a South American country and do this. I just need to improve my spanish a little more
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

AmericanHeart
United States of America

Postby AmericanHeart » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:01 am

I have gone to 7 countries on missionary trips 4 times. Central America. I went for that and it was easy to meet the ladies but they noticed I am an American. At the time in my late 30s.. It was more of they saw that opportunity but when I met one.. she later said I am too old with white hair! (I had that since 18 and NO I wont dye my hair ever again). She ended up marrying an American with white hair Well, I found out she got divorced. Then there is another who liked me but people told me not to go with her because she was married to an American but she was kicked back to Costa Rica for a reason and they would not say why. She deny that so I got suspicious of her. So, I rejected her anyway.

So, please be careful when you go actually meet someone out of country. I have been very cautious since. Never met one since year 2000 when I was in Costa Rica on a missionary trip.

I would do it again to do missions in a heartbeat and meet someone special that way. I met many missionaries whose wives are foreigners.

patrickwass
United States of America

Postby patrickwass » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:52 am

I would love to do this one day when I have enough time in my life. This sounds like an awesome way to travel and a great way to learn about different cultures and the way they live.

Return to “Volunteer Travel”