Have you been to Mexico?

List places that you've been before or would like to go one day in the future.
kamai

Have you been to Mexico?

Postby kamai » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:38 pm

If so, what are the best places you visited? What was your favorite part of being in such a beautiful country.

Tell me your overall experience.

Ghost_Writer

Re: Have you been to Mexico?

Postby Ghost_Writer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:08 am

Some of my friends already were in Mexico and they absolutely loved the place (they said there are many amazing places to visit). I've - unfortunately - never been, but I really wanted to go (and one day I know I'll :lol: ). Cancun is one of the places that I have priority to know (the place is absurdly beautiful).

ohgodlol

Postby ohgodlol » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:39 pm

I went to Mexico this past December for the holidays and it was magical! Specifically, I visited Mexico City, Toluca, and Guerrero. Guerrero is a state towards the south so it was VERY HOT, beware of sunburn. However, the beaches were lovely and there were many ways to cool off. Plus I enjoyed shopping in Guerrero, there was gorgeous jewelry, clothes, and shoes at great prices. If you can speak Spanish, always try to bargain at the little open air markets. Also I got to experience the "posadas" in Guerrero, you know the whole recreating the pilgrimage of Mary and Joseph looking for shelter. I'm not very religious, but it was fun! And there was so much delicious food! I thought Toluca was a very charming place. It seemed there was always something to do, the cathedral there is nice and they have a soccer stadium which is also worth noting. If I could, I would probably buy a house in Toluca. As for Mexico City, it was amazing, but also a little intimidating. There's just so much going on and there are some places where you could easily get lost and end up in the wrong part of town. However, el Zocalo is wonderful. Overall, I loved visiting Mexico and I can't wait to go back soon.

LarryL332

Postby LarryL332 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:42 am

I have been to Mexico, but it was only when I was a little kid, I want to say about three or four years old, so I have really had the desire to back there as an adult to really see what there is. I have heard a lot of different things when it comes to Mexico, in terms of tourism, but I would like to think that if I did my research and found some good spots, that it would definitely be a trip that I would love to make and would enjoy thoroughly. I love the culture, and the strength of the culture, so that would be very interesting to me. Hopefully one day I will get back there, so thanks for sharing.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:23 am

Not really, I haven't been to Mexico or had any opportunities of going to that Country but any day in the possible future of happen to see the opportunity of doing so, I would grab it with both hands. Mexico seems to be a nice country, what trips me about the country is its love for music.

Although I haven't been to Mexico, I try as much as I would to know a bit about them. I am certain that they love music very much especially stage music. I do tend follow some Mexican celebrity such as the wrestler Ray Mysterio, Eddie, Alberto Delrio etc.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:17 am

I am so sad to tell you that guys I have never visited Mexico in my life. This is a new place for me. I have hard recently about this earthquake which has ruined Mexico.let me know guys is its reality? What you think should members go there or not? I will see your views after trip from new york to niagara falls.

cherimae
Australia

Postby cherimae » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:34 am

I've only been to Tijuana in Mexico, just across from the US border. It's not really all that great, probably because it feels quite "tourist trap" like and there are people everywhere trying to sell you stuff. I also remember there were loads of stray dogs wandering around the town which made me sad. I have heard from other travelers they really liked Cancun and Tulum (I think that's what the place was called).

dhovorka
Austria

Postby dhovorka » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:34 am

Yes I have visited Mexico a couple of times. Each time on a different end and with a different purpose. But all have in common that watersports like Scuba diving brought me there.

Having said this the top on my list is the Yucantan half-island. This is a must visit spot. Even If was on the party mile on spring break or on the west coast bacha California. Yucantan is the hot spot.

Rio Secreto
There really is no other word to describe Rio Secreto other than “magical.” Only accessible by tour, this underground river with crystal clear waters is surrounded on all sides by crystals and stalactite formations. Hiking and swimming the Rio Secreto really is an unforgettable experience! For more advanced activity I can recommend scuba diving in the caves, super super super

Tulum Ruins
Just south of Cancun lies the ancient Mayan city of Tulum, where the archaeological site of the walled ruins sits towering above the ocean. These well-preserved ruins with a magnificent backdrop can be toured in as little as an hour or two, but you can easily spend a full day exploring the ruins, swimming in the ocean or walking up Tulum Beach Road.

Coba
Another ancient Mayan city, but this one with ruins a bit more hands-on (literally)! While Coba is slightly more remote than other ruins and attractions, the trek out there is well worth it. Rent a bike, venture through the forest and climb the 120 stairs to the top of the giant pyramid Ixmoja. The climb is a challenge, but the view is unreal!

Isla Mujeres
This small island, just 8 miles off the coast of Cancún, is easily explored by foot or bike, or even moped. The sea turtle reserve and picturesque lighthouses are the main draws of the island, but the Zocolo (town square), vibrant murals and laid-back locals make this a unique alternative to any typical stay in the Yucatán!

Snorkel Tour or Scuba Diving
From Jeep excursions to sightseeing cruises to shipwreck exploration, there’s plenty of snorkel tours in the Yucatán to choose from. There’s a wide variety tour for every kind of traveler — ATV and ziplining for adventure-seekers, sailing for the easy-going — but they all provide the chance to snorkel or scuba diving and see Mexico’s amazing sea life up close.

Isla Holbox
A day trip to Isla Holbox is a quiet escape ideal for nature and wildlife-lovers or anyone who just wants some quiet time on a stretch of white sand beach. Bring your camera equipment — the flamingos and whale sharks in turquoise blue waters make for stunning photos.

Where to Stay
Playa Del Carmen is one of the top spots to stay on the Yucatan. I stayed at the The Royal Suites Yucatán by Palladium for 5 nights during my most recent stay to this area of Mexico.

This adults-only exclusive area of The Grand Palladium Resort provides the best of both worlds: ultra-luxury with VIP service and the ability to enjoy all of the amenities at the neighboring 5-star Grand Palladium Resort. First-class restaurants, spa, and a private beach make this a uniquely exclusive and personal stay in one of the most beautiful parts of Mexico.

As I mention before I have been to the west coast and made my scuba diving over there, including visiting Alcapulco which might be well known from old movies and still nice to see with the cliff divers.

botonchin
Philippines

Postby botonchin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:09 am

No but i want to. I've always liked those spicy Mexican food! hopefully i get to try them there in Mexico and to stroll around their famous tourist spots.

Return to “Places To Visit”