Loco for Coron Island in the Philippines

List places that you've been before or would like to go one day in the future.
maxen57

Loco for Coron Island in the Philippines

Postby maxen57 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:35 am

I've lived here all my life yet I can't stop thinking about Coron Island in Palawan. I've only seen the place on the Internet but I have never been there. The place looks like paradise to me and I would certainly love to go on a week's vacation there in the future with my little boy. He's never been to the beach for financial reasons. I hope I would be able to take him there someday.

abelinc
Philippines

Re: Loco for Coron Island in the Philippines

Postby abelinc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:43 am

Coron, Palawan is indeed one of most beautiful places in the Philippines. I've only been to Coron twice on a short vacation, but that place never disappoints. It's truly a heaven-sent place especially to those who love the outdoors and the waters. It is truly a great place for people who love to scuba-dive. The corals in the area are simply amazing. I'm no swimmer, but even from the bancas one can see through the crystal clear waters the beauty underneath. Among the many islands in Coron, Pass Island is my favorite. Although I have yet to see Malkapuya. There's the Twin Lakes to enjoy, Barracuda etc. Sunken ships can also be seen underneath the waters of Coron. Calauit Safari is also another interesting place to explore in Coron. You guys should really come and visit it. It will never disappoint you.
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Loco for Coron Island in the Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:08 pm

I had been to Coron in the early part of this millennium when there was no digital camera yet. It was one good experience for a nature trip. The sea water is clean and the surroundings project fresh air. Seafood is at its best, cooked fresh from the sea. There are islands that offer something different. We had been to one island where the Balinsasayaw is found – the nido bird’s nest that is a delicacy in Chinese restaurants. The birds make their edible nests on the rocky cliffs. There are so many good spots to see but we chose a small island with a white sand beach. It’s a wonderful feeling to realize that we were alone in that beach, no other people. And for their delicacy, I love the cashew nuts particularly the praline which was sold in the streets.

Return to “Places To Visit”