Avoid night traveling

Post any deals dealing with traveling. Also, post advice or questions.
Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Avoid night traveling

Postby Martinsx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:35 am

cherimae wrote:I only like traveling at night if it's a flight where I can sleep, so that I wake up at my destination ready to go.

If I'm driving by myself, I really dislike driving at night - I find myself getting really sleepy and I think that can be incredibly dangerous. I always try and plan my trips so that any driving is done before the sun goes down, ideally!

Exactly, when it's flight that you are going to be boarding for your travel, then there is nothing to be worried about because the pilots are trained for such time of travel. Also, most aeroplane are designed with auto pilot systems, so even if the pilot wants to sleep, the auto pilot will do the job efficiently and effectively.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 am

Heatman wrote:I don't do night travel especially if it's on a bus, train or ship. It's only flight that I would be comfortable with going since I won't have to worry about armed robbers or unnecessary car breakdown. It just doesn't seem safe to travel at night. My question is why wait till night before going on a journey? It is not right, so I wouldn't encourage it in any possible way.

The truth is that most times, one cannot have the power to determine when he or she would be leaving on a journey especially when you are working for someone, who happens to be your boss.

Your schedule tends to be determined by another person and as such they won't have control over when to travel. But if it's possible to take a flight, then it's very much better but some people cannot afford flight ticket.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:41 am

I know people travel at night because they want to avoid high traffic and crowd but I hate to drive at night, my eyes don't help me and I get tired faster than usual. I prefer to travel and drive on a daytime, it is safer and nicer.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:41 am

jaypinoy wrote:I agree with this specially with road trips. It's already dark and you might not know there are criminals waiting to rob you or do something to you because they're bored. It's also hard to travel at night because it might make you sleepy. However, I do prefer night flights because they're cheaper than the daytime flights.

This is absolutely true, personally I have come across night robbers a few times when I was traveling but I was lucky to have escaped them on both occasions unscathed, which made me to rule out night travel in my schedule. I wouldn't travel at night by road for anything, if the travel is a must, then I will have to book a flight.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Martinsx wrote:
Heatman wrote:I don't do night travel especially if it's on a bus, train or ship. It's only flight that I would be comfortable with going since I won't have to worry about armed robbers or unnecessary car breakdown. It just doesn't seem safe to travel at night. My question is why wait till night before going on a journey? It is not right, so I wouldn't encourage it in any possible way.

The truth is that most times, one cannot have the power to determine when he or she would be leaving on a journey especially when you are working for someone, who happens to be your boss.

Your schedule tends to be determined by another person and as such they won't have control over when to travel. But if it's possible to take a flight, then it's very much better but some people cannot afford flight ticket.

You have a very good point my friend @Martinsx about how difficult it is being under someone and having all your schedule and movements being determined by another. It leaves you so helpless that you won't have any choice but to go when and where you are directed to go and stay put when there isn't an order to make any move.

I have actually worked under one firm that deals on groundnut oil as their sales representative, and I must confess that it wasn't an easy job no matter the amount of money that I was been paid back then. I travel on daily basis from state to state and even at night.

Steve5
Philippines

Postby Steve5 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:27 am

I very much agree. It's often difficult to go out at night. So many bad elements are hidden just behind dark corners. It seems that people are more likely to commit atrocities during this time of the day. And so passersby are easily targeted by dangerous individuals.

So now I only go out if I really need to. And I usually drive a vehicle with a few people just to be sure. That way we can help keep each other safe and avoid accidents. :D

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:38 pm

To be very honest, I really enjoy night traveling because of how free it is to travel at night. You don't have to worry about traffic which is the thing I hate most about day traveling especially by road. It's only as a result of risks that comes with traveling in the night that makes me to stay away from night travels.

jayjaydimson
Philippines

Postby jayjaydimson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 pm

In my country Philippines, I would prefer to travel during the evening because it has less traffic because most of the cummuters are probably sleeping during the night. Well travelling at night may be dangerous because its dark.

cherimae
Australia

Postby cherimae » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Martinsx wrote:
cherimae wrote:I only like traveling at night if it's a flight where I can sleep, so that I wake up at my destination ready to go.

If I'm driving by myself, I really dislike driving at night - I find myself getting really sleepy and I think that can be incredibly dangerous. I always try and plan my trips so that any driving is done before the sun goes down, ideally!

Exactly, when it's flight that you are going to be boarding for your travel, then there is nothing to be worried about because the pilots are trained for such time of travel. Also, most aeroplane are designed with auto pilot systems, so even if the pilot wants to sleep, the auto pilot will do the job efficiently and effectively.

That's true, and for long haul flights you've usually got multiple pilots as well, so they share the workload - one can be taking a nap while the other is flying, and then they switch out. I'm sure it's much easier when you've got someone to share the job with!

Return to “Transportation Deals & Advice”