Avoid night traveling

Post any deals dealing with traveling. Also, post advice or questions.
Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Avoid night traveling

Postby Martinsx » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:39 am

Some people actually prefer to travel in the night simply because it's very free and less traffic occurs during such time. But what should be considered is the risk that comes with traveling in the night. There is high chance of getting robbed or accidents because it's dark. I had one experience where a dear run out from the bush onto the road, I managed to evade hitting the animal.

Traveling or driving at night isn't safe, try as much as you can to avoid going on a night journey.

fishbate
Philippines

Re: Avoid night traveling

Postby fishbate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:27 am

I agree travelling at night post a much higher percentage of accidents and problems because of visibility and other factors. Also travelling at night deters you from enjoying the view and the scenery compared to day travel. Although there are times that you can't prevent travelling at night, i rather sleep on a hotel than continue travelling at night. :D

AlisaTR
United States of America

Postby AlisaTR » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:34 pm

I agree with you here and as a rule I do not travel by night unless there is an emergency, but then again I've been scarred.

When I was nineteen years old, I was robbed of my jewelry while travelling by night and I was terribly traumatized by that experience. At the time, I was young and headstrong and I believed that I could take on the world. And one night, when I was coming back from an evening at the club, I accepted a lift from a driver that I did not know on the basis that he claimed to know some people who lived on my street. It was a stupid and irresponsible thing to do, but I did it anyway. The driver ended up taking me on to an abandoned road where no one would hear me if I screamed. Suffice it to say that I was lucky that the jewelry was the only thing I lost that night. I've been ultra-cautious ever since.

Night travel can be dangerous, not only because of the risks presented by kidnappings and muggings, but also because even if you are driving in your own vehicle, your vision at night could be impaired and then you also have to think of other drivers on the road at night who may be tired or sleepy or drunk or whose vision may also be impaired. The risk of accident is undoubtedly higher.

Of course, sometimes you might not be able to avoid night travel, but if you have to go out, then you should take as many precautions as possible: travel in groups if you do not have a vehicle; do not travel with lots of cash money; stay close to well-lit areas if you are on the ground; be very observant of everything and everyone around you; and if you are driving, keep your faculties in check, drive carefully and always look out for the other drivers on the streets at night.

jy76
Zodiac: Sagittarius
United States of America

Postby jy76 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:52 am

I bet to differ. I think precautions can be made to make nighttime more safe. Well, for one thing, don't go certain places without a companion. For instance, 24-hour gyms can put you on the spot. Cops are way more suspicious of loners.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sat May 12, 2018 4:56 am

fishbate wrote:I agree travelling at night post a much higher percentage of accidents and problems because of visibility and other factors. Also travelling at night deters you from enjoying the view and the scenery compared to day travel. Although there are times that you can't prevent travelling at night, i rather sleep on a hotel than continue travelling at night. :D

I have had one experience with night traveling and vowed never to put myself in such situations to ever experience such ever again.

You know the way it gets with vehicles, my car was in a perfect condition, no sign of fault or any problems but on my night journey around 11:00 pm, the car broke down with no help around. There was no transportation at that time, I practically had to sleep inside my car on the highway. It was a horrible experience.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sat May 12, 2018 4:59 am

AlisaTR wrote:I agree with you here and as a rule I do not travel by night unless there is an emergency, but then again I've been scarred.

When I was nineteen years old, I was robbed of my jewelry while travelling by night and I was terribly traumatized by that experience. At the time, I was young and headstrong and I believed that I could take on the world. And one night, when I was coming back from an evening at the club, I accepted a lift from a driver that I did not know on the basis that he claimed to know some people who lived on my street. It was a stupid and irresponsible thing to do, but I did it anyway. The driver ended up taking me on to an abandoned road where no one would hear me if I screamed. Suffice it to say that I was lucky that the jewelry was the only thing I lost that night. I've been ultra-cautious ever since.

Night travel can be dangerous, not only because of the risks presented by kidnappings and muggings, but also because even if you are driving in your own vehicle, your vision at night could be impaired and then you also have to think of other drivers on the road at night who may be tired or sleepy or drunk or whose vision may also be impaired. The risk of accident is undoubtedly higher.

Of course, sometimes you might not be able to avoid night travel, but if you have to go out, then you should take as many precautions as possible: travel in groups if you do not have a vehicle; do not travel with lots of cash money; stay close to well-lit areas if you are on the ground; be very observant of everything and everyone around you; and if you are driving, keep your faculties in check, drive carefully and always look out for the other drivers on the streets at night.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with robbers taking your jewelry, it's a very common thing that can happen to anyone especially at night. It's one of the reasons why night movement shouldn't be encouraged. Even if there must be one, it should be on the note of an emergency and not just when one feels like traveling. If your thruma is still much, maybe you should try going to see a therapist, I'm sure it's going to help.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sat May 12, 2018 5:02 am

jy76 wrote:I bet to differ. I think precautions can be made to make nighttime more safe. Well, for one thing, don't go certain places without a companion. For instance, 24-hour gyms can put you on the spot. Cops are way more suspicious of loners.

There is no amount of precautions one can take that would prevent you from getting robbed or having an accident at night when it's bound to happen. It's not that people don't have accidents during the day or get robbed as well during the day but chances of it happening at night is much higher than during the day. And that you are in group doesn't mean you won't have an accident or getting robbed.

cherimae
Australia

Postby cherimae » Sat May 12, 2018 5:21 am

I only like traveling at night if it's a flight where I can sleep, so that I wake up at my destination ready to go.

If I'm driving by myself, I really dislike driving at night - I find myself getting really sleepy and I think that can be incredibly dangerous. I always try and plan my trips so that any driving is done before the sun goes down, ideally!

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sat May 12, 2018 6:34 am

I don't do night travel especially if it's on a bus, train or ship. It's only flight that I would be comfortable with going since I won't have to worry about armed robbers or unnecessary car breakdown. It just doesn't seem safe to travel at night. My question is why wait till night before going on a journey? It is not right, so I wouldn't encourage it in any possible way.

jaypinoy
Philippines

Postby jaypinoy » Sat May 12, 2018 7:10 am

I agree with this specially with road trips. It's already dark and you might not know there are criminals waiting to rob you or do something to you because they're bored. It's also hard to travel at night because it might make you sleepy. However, I do prefer night flights because they're cheaper than the daytime flights.

Return to “Transportation Deals & Advice”