Taxi Service

Post any deals dealing with traveling. Also, post advice or questions.
rose1981
United States of America

Taxi Service

Postby rose1981 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:36 am

During this christmas season please be aware to the taxi driver.dont forget to get his car plate number and send it to ur family for your securities.

abelinc
Philippines

Re: Taxi Service

Postby abelinc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Like in any other place in the world, you may encounter unscrupulous drivers. While there are bad drivers, good and polite drivers also do exist. To make the most of your taxi ride, be equally polite to taxi drivers. Before getting in the taxi, insist on using the meter. If the driver negotiates a fixed amount and you're not comfortable with it, simply get off the taxi and flag another one. There are many taxi plying the streets. If your phone is a data plan, you may get the services of GRAB taxis. If you don't have data plan on your phone, the malls such as SM have a booth for GRAB (taxi/car). You may get to GRAB booths to arrange a taxi pick-up for you. Some cities in the Philippines also now has UBER.
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

lexinonomous

Postby lexinonomous » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 pm

This is a very good piece of advice. As we travel, we sometimes forget that every place in the world has bad people. I would hate to see someone get hurt during something that's supposed to be innocent. Thank you for the friendly reminder that not everyone is going to treat others nicely. I would suggest (if legal) that if you're going to be traveling, carry a thing of wasp spray. Wasp spray is legal in most parts, while pepper spray is not.

LarryL332

Postby LarryL332 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:31 am

Well this is certainly good advice, and you can never really be too careful out there, especially when you are in a foreign country. I remember a couple of years ago, when smartphones were really starting to become a thing, one of the people that were on this little travel group with was using their phone to document everything. I remember laughing a little bit back then, and sure enough that is probably just common practice now. I can certainly stand to get better at little techniques like this, so thank you for sharing. Always helps to keep them in the back of head.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:25 am

rose1981! I would like to say that thanks to you for sharing this nice kind of information with all of us. I will aware regarding this and also share this information with my all family members and friends.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Most seasons for celebration comes with lots of odd stories that when you get to hear most of them, you would marvel that such things still happens in our world today. I have heard stories where someone was taken by a cab driver and drove to gun point where the passenger was robbed. There were some cases where the passengers were killed and their body parts cut off. These are stories we get to hear that happens during Christmas season, which is why being security cautious is very important.

Henrywrites
Nigeria

Postby Henrywrites » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:09 am

The reality of life is that we are faced with series of threats every day of our life and one of them is the time we enter cabs to our different destinations. I always let others know of the place that I am going and this is the reason I even go with uber services for they have records of their drivers. I hardly go with drivers that are not registered with a riding company no matter the circumstances that I find myself.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:10 am

I don't ride Taxi's anymore because it's such a hassle, with the present traffic problem, along with abusive taxi drivers it's better to walk or take the train but usually I drive whenever I want to go somewhere.

JB Fernandez
Philippines

Postby JB Fernandez » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:41 am

Taxi service here in the Philippines is so terrible. Most of them are swindler and arrogant. They have a lot of tricks to extort money from their passengers. Better ride an UBER or GRAB car when you get here. It is much safer and secure compared to taxi's.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:35 am

There was a news that dominated the internet a while back that an Uber driver made away with a passenger's luggage. From the narration of what happened, the passenger left her luggage in the cab and went into a restaurant to eat but on getting out, she couldn't locate the driver or her stuffs.

Personally, even when I'm making use of public transportation, once they get to a stopping point for people to eat and use the rest room, I always make sure to take my backpack and my laptop bag with me because I wouldn't want to hear any stories that touches the heart.

Return to “Transportation Deals & Advice”