Avoid the southern part of the Philippines

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Avoid the southern part of the Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:27 am

There is again a rash of kidnappings by the dreaded Abu Sayyaf group. The latest victim is a German that was beheaded when no ransom was paid. Another victim is a local doctor working in the rural area. It's not good to say but it is foolish to visit that part of the country for now. Don't go to Mindanao.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Avoid the southern part of the Philippines

Postby ricky1874 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:10 am

I was hoping to go back to the Phil. this year but was worried because of the current president. Is the Phil. safe for foreigners to visit now? The news in the USA is very bad about the Phil. right now.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Avoid the southern part of the Philippines

Postby Martinsx » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:43 am

I haven't been to Philippines before but I'm definitely going to take this information provided on this article very serious about avoiding Southern part of Philippines as a result of kidnapping cases. I have lots of friends who are in the country and there is always a chance of them inviting me over, so I would make sure to ask them the situation of southern Philippines. Thanks so much for sharing, I really appreciate.

Return to “Travel Warnings”