South Asia

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
dave23
United States of America

South Asia

Postby dave23 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:04 pm

I was planning a trip to some South Asian countries like Thailand, Vietnam and The Philippines. Does anyone know of any travel advisory warnings for those areas?

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Re: South Asia

Postby sammyk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:26 pm

dave23 wrote:I was planning a trip to some South Asian countries like Thailand, Vietnam and The Philippines. Does anyone know of any travel advisory warnings for those areas?

If you are American then you can go to this website and see all the travel warning for Americans.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:18 am

dave23! I would like to say that you have selected such great places for exploring/ All of these regions are best for traveling in South Asia. I must say that you must try to explore there different kinds of places and also must take your camera with your during your journey. Anyhow, I am also taking niagara falls from nyc.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:26 am

I have heard about South Asia, attractions and Taj Mehal and Agra are on the top of the list. Both of theses places fascinate me so much but yet can't be there. I am curious to know something about that from you. So if anyone has any information share here. I will see your views after this nyc niagara falls tour.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:16 am

Agra is a city of India and Taj Mehal is the most famous attraction of this city. Taj Mehal is Mausoleum in Agra. Millions of tourists explore this attraction every year because this attraction is the example of true love which Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan had with his wife. The Shah Jahan made this building for his wife in his love.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:56 am

The Philippines is a safe country but not in the southern part called Mindanao. Come to Metro Manila and parts of the Visayas region where Boracay is situation. Boracay is the island with the best beaches in the world. There are also many tourist spots in Manila that you can go to like Intramuros and the Cultural Center compound not to mention the Manila zoo.

jy76
Zodiac: Sagittarius
United States of America

Postby jy76 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:00 am

There have been a lot of hurricanes in the western hemisphere and it seems like what goes on in one area would go on everywhere else. Nonetheless, being from the US, I wouldn't be much aware of typhoons in the Pacific or Indian oceans. Anyway, do typhoons and hurricanes always come from separate causes?

Bijumathews
India

Postby Bijumathews » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:25 am

Travel to south Asia is you'll find it's full of surprises for both new and seasoned travelers in the are and with these travel tips. I promise you will be way more prepared to travel southeast Asia to know what to expect. Trust me when I say that some things you don't want to be a surprise. I am sharing my best trip on saving money and how to keep healthy. Things to be taken care is;
1) Always have Toilet paper
2) Research cab fares before you arrive
3) Know is there any ATM
4) Wifi is everywhere, no need to buy SIM cards
5) Always have USD
6) Research scams to lookout before you go to a new country/cross borders
7) Weather
8) Don't be afraid of street food
9) Agree on a taxi price before you get in
10) Don't expect anything to be on time.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:43 am

dave23 wrote:I was planning a trip to some South Asian countries like Thailand, Vietnam and The Philippines. Does anyone know of any travel advisory warnings for those areas?

Thailand, Vietnam and The Philippines are not technically south Asian countries, these are actually east Asian countries. The south Asia countries are India, Pakistan. Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutain, and Srilanka. As far as I know there are no prohibitory orders in these countries.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:42 pm

Now I realize that I have not been to Cambodia yet. It was my plan to visit that country and see the Ankor Wat that is a legendary temple inside the jungle. When the pandemic is gone I think I have to travel to Cambodia and then hop to Thailand for the fruits there.

Return to “Travel Warnings”