Staying safe abroad

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Staying safe abroad

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Whenever it comes to travelling, personal safety is a matter of big concern. Keeping into consideration the increased levels of crimes all over the world, it is mandatory that we take all the possible measures to stay safe. Tourists are the most vulnerable targets and so a cautious approach can really prevent a misfortune.

Some of the important points are:
1). Never trust an unknown person blindly.
2). Stay vigilant and aware of the surroundings.
3). Follow landmarks and maps.
4). Avoid roaming around alone.
5). Travel in small groups.
6). Carry minimal baggage.
7). Adopt a skeptical attitude when it comes to talking to strangers.
8). Do some research about the place before stepping out.

These are some common points which should be kept in mind. If you can suggest about anything else, then please go ahead.

NeilTarquin
Philippines

Re: Staying safe abroad

Postby NeilTarquin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:52 am

That is a good guidelines to follow by travelers. I really like the part of adopting skeptic attitude and trust no one.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:09 am

Being a traveling freak I would like to say that you have shared really useful stuff with all of us. i like this a lot and really like to know from you guys which country you guys think travelers should explore?
Last edited by Mark Grill on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:25 am

We have gone abroad 4 times this year and we stayed in a hotel for all those trips. My wife's sister had a scary experience in an airbnb. The door lock was destroyed by an attempted break in. It's fortunate that the security people were able to notice immediately. And s8nce the culprit had escaped, it is a loss of trust for that accommodation.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:21 am

Alexandoy, love to add here after reading your sister in law experience can say that all should keep all things in mind and don't trust to anyone. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 am

Alexandoy! I would like to say thanks to you for sharing your sister in la experience here which will prove useful for all. For next time, I also be careful in this regard whenever I stay in any hotel.

mhaou33
Philippines

Postby mhaou33 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:49 am

Thank you so much for this very informative and helpful inputs. I've been to other countries as well and I think I did some of the above-mentioned tips. It is very important and enjoyable to go traveling and do sightseeing when safety is not compromised. Be vigilant in going to unfamiliar places. Always ask a reliable person when asking for directions and information. Otherwise, other people might get an advantage of our ignorance. We should be safe always.

nnacrter
Philippines

Postby nnacrter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:11 am

I highly recommend to Keep your eye on your things, In your baggage. And don't trust anyone. Even your fellow Filipino or another nationalities. Be safe and Be wise living in another places.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:32 am

nnacrter wrote:I highly recommend to Keep your eye on your things, In your baggage. And don't trust anyone. Even your fellow Filipino or another nationality. Be safe and Be wise living in another place.

I have read your suggestion and will keep in my mind while trip from new york to niagara falls. Thanks for updating me, dude.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:20 am

I must say that all of you share such great kind of things here and shared your views here in such a nice way. By the way, I really like the USA for traveling because it is my most favorite region which I want to explore again and again. What are your views about the USA?

Return to “Travel Warnings”