Philippines Trip

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
davidworth
United States of America

Philippines Trip

Postby davidworth » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 pm

I will be going on vacation in the Philippines later this year. Is there any new travel warning that I need to be aware of like, which places not to go?

Discover all things abroad

maxen57

Re: Philippines Trip

Postby maxen57 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Just a few words of advice. Make sure your plane is going to land on Philippine Airlines instead. If you can, wrap your bags just in case to avoid having anything slipped in it. Video personnel who are rummaging through your bags to be extra safe. They won't have a problem with it if they're not going to do anything suspicious. Always travel where a lot of people are present. Depending on where you're going to go, always be extra careful. This is one of those times when you're going to need a friend who's a local to show you around.

abelinc
Philippines

Postby abelinc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:27 pm

The Philippines is an entirely safe place to visit. However, I checked on the U.S. State Deparment's website and they indeed issued a travel warning last April 21, 2016.

According to the website, U.S. citizens are to avoid all non-essential travel to the Sulu Archipelago and through the southern Sulu Sea, and to exercise extreme caution when traveling to the island of Mindanao, due to continued terrorist threats, insurgent activities, and kidnappings.

For full statement of the said travel warning, visit the U.S. State Department's website:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/philippines-travel-warning.html
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

nnacrter
Philippines

Postby nnacrter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 am

Philippines is the place to be visited. Cheap products. Good food. Good place. Hospitable peoples. It's more fun in the Philippines. :D

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Sat May 12, 2018 4:47 am

nnacrter wrote:Philippines is the place to be visited. Cheap products. Good food. Good place. Hospitable peoples. It's more fun in the Philippines. :D

Yes I know the Phil. is a great place to travel to because of all the reasons that you listed above...but there has been a lot of negative coverage of the Phil. since you elected you new president. I'm just a little worried about traveling to there now.
Discover all things abroad

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:08 am

I don't see any threat to the traveler coming to the Philippines except for the issue of the virus. If your country is covered by the travel ban like China then don't even think of traveling to the Philippines for you might just be refused entry. But aside from the corona virus scare, terrorists are non-existent here and I'd say our country is still enjoyable especially the Boracay beaches.

Nocturnal Thinker
Philippines

Postby Nocturnal Thinker » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:27 am

Well, you're very welcome to our country Philippines if you want to visit us. We're proud to say that our country has a lot things to offer especially tourists.

We have several beautiful beaches for you to visit and enjoy the great amenities they may offer. We have also many festivals for you to watch and enjoy and even join the merrymaking.

You're safe here in our country.

Return to “Travel Warnings”