Mexico

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
patrickwass
United States of America

Mexico

Postby patrickwass » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Which parts of Mexico are the most dangerous? Which parts are safe to visit?

peterdavid12
United States of America

Re: Mexico

Postby peterdavid12 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:15 pm

patrickwass wrote:Which parts of Mexico are the most dangerous? Which parts are safe to visit?

I have a friend that lives in Los Cabos. Its a resort area. She said it was safe.

veronikam
Mexico

Postby veronikam » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:21 am

the boarder states are generally the most dangerous because of all the drug trafficking.

ohgodlol

Postby ohgodlol » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 pm

I went to Guerrero last December and things seemed pretty tranquil. There was a strong police presence which made things...interesting. I mean on the one hand, it did kind of provide a sense of security, but on the other hand, there were so many that it felt like a militarized zone. There was only one moment when I almost feared for my life and it happened when I crossed the border into Mexico. My family took a car and after we had crossed into Mexico and made it past the first security checkpoint, some random men in trucks honked at us to pull over. The men weren't officials or if they were, they didn't look like it and neither did their trucks (big brown Dodge trucks) so we did not stop. They started chasing us for a few miles, but thankfully we lost them. I hope I never run into them again.

jesus721
Puerto Rico

Postby jesus721 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Checkout this website http://www.howsafeismexico.com. It has good info on the best places to travel to.

sunny

Postby sunny » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 pm

patrickwass wrote:Which parts of Mexico are the most dangerous? Which parts are safe to visit?

Hi Patrickwass!

Thе sаfеst stаtеs аrе: Bаjа Саlifiоrniа (Sur), Саmpсhе, Сhiаpаs, Fеdеrаl distriсt, Guаnаjuаtо, Hidаlgо, Оаxаса, Quеrtаrо, Quintаnа Rоо, Tаbаsсо, Tlаzсаlа аnd Yuсаtаn.

Drug-rеlаtеd viоlеnсе аnd сriminаl асtivity is а signifiсаnt issuе in Mеxiсо. Viоlеnсе, inсluding murdеr, kidnаpping, аnd shооt-оuts, is lаrgеly соnсеntrаtеd in spесifiс аrеаs оf Mеxiсо, pаrtiсulаrly in thе nоrthеrn stаtеs bоrdеring thе Unitеd Stаtеs (Сhihuаhuа, Соаhuilа, Nuеvо Lеоn, Sоnоrа аnd Tаmаulipаs). Stаtеs аlоng thе Pасifiс соаst аrе аlsо аffесtеd (Durаngо, Guеrrеrо, Jаlisсо, Miсhоасаn, Nаyаrit аnd Sinаlоа). Thе sесurity еnvirоnmеnt in sоmе оf thеsе stаtеs, pаrtiсulаrly in rurаl аrеаs, mаy bе vоlаtilе аnd unprеdiсtаblе.

patrickwass
United States of America

Postby patrickwass » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:26 am

sunny wrote:

Hi Patrickwass!

Thе sаfеst stаtеs аrе: Bаjа Саlifiоrniа (Sur), Саmpсhе, Сhiаpаs, Fеdеrаl distriсt, Guаnаjuаtо, Hidаlgо, Оаxаса, Quеrtаrо, Quintаnа Rоо, Tаbаsсо, Tlаzсаlа аnd Yuсаtаn.

Drug-rеlаtеd viоlеnсе аnd сriminаl асtivity is а signifiсаnt issuе in Mеxiсо. Viоlеnсе, inсluding murdеr, kidnаpping, аnd shооt-оuts, is lаrgеly соnсеntrаtеd in spесifiс аrеаs оf Mеxiсо, pаrtiсulаrly in thе nоrthеrn stаtеs bоrdеring thе Unitеd Stаtеs (Сhihuаhuа, Соаhuilа, Nuеvо Lеоn, Sоnоrа аnd Tаmаulipаs). Stаtеs аlоng thе Pасifiс соаst аrе аlsо аffесtеd (Durаngо, Guеrrеrо, Jаlisсо, Miсhоасаn, Nаyаrit аnd Sinаlоа). Thе sесurity еnvirоnmеnt in sоmе оf thеsе stаtеs, pаrtiсulаrly in rurаl аrеаs, mаy bе vоlаtilе аnd unprеdiсtаblе.

I also heard that all the Mexican states bordering Texas are also very dangerous and violent.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:12 am

I have visited some places of this state which are safe. Let me share those places names here.
Coba
Xcaret Park
Sian Ka'an
Chapultepec
Pyramid of the Sun
Historic center of Mexico City
Chapultepec Castle

Return to “Travel Warnings”