Avoid asking for directions

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Avoid asking for directions

Postby Alexandoy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:37 pm

I will not name the country where we went on vacation recently. We had the address of the hotel which was new so it is understandable that people we ask would have difficulty in the directions. But we have noticed that the directions given to us by the 7 people we asked in the street were different from each other. We got lost and we were circling the area for 30 minutes before we finally got to the hotel by sheer luck.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Avoid asking for directions

Postby ricky1874 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 am

I want to take a trip to South America, but one of my fears is getting lost. My Spanish is Ok, but I still have a fear of not understanding the local dialect and being stranded because I can't understand directions.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Avoid asking for directions

Postby justin » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:49 am

In my opinion, if you are lost in a new place and if you want to ask for directions, ask with traffic police or any police officer instead of the general public. Security personnel will never lie to you, they may even help you get to the place you want.

Return to “Travel Warnings”