Safe South American

This forum is to give advise or warning to anyone planning to travel to potentially dangerous places. If you know of any travel warnings or have first hand knowledge please share your information or advise.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Safe South American

Postby ricky1874 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Which is considered the safest country in South America for a foreigner to visit?

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

Faerie

Re: Safe South American

Postby Faerie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:23 am

I guess there's not exactly one country that is safe all thoughout it's borders.

You can safely visit any Latin American country as long as you stick to organised touristic complexes and don't deviate too much from the tour group if you're in one.
If you travel without a group make sure you know exactly were you're going and try to memorise important addresses, like your hotel and various landmarks or murals to navigate the city more easily. That will decrease the chances of being scammed or trapped when asking for directions.

Also, some general advice: no matter where you go, don't flaunt your phone or expensive watch. Even 'safe' deemed touristic destinations are ridden with pickpockets.

PS: Be very, very wary of where it is you're going if you plan to do Ayahuasca tourism, as there are many scammers out there. Aim for the proffessionals that are organised and officialy reviewed.

Arya Snark

Postby Arya Snark » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:26 am

What about Chile? I've never been there, but it from what you can read, it has actually lower crime rates than the US (granted that's still more than most of Europe). Of course, there will be lots of pickpockets in places that attract tourists, but that's true everywhere in the world.

Mark Grill

Postby Mark Grill » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 am

ricky1874 wrote:Which is considered the safest country in South America for a foreigner to visit?

Argentina
Peru
Paraguay
Galapagos Islands
Costa Rica
Chile
Belize
Uruguay
Let me know which will you like to select from all?

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:19 am

I really like your shared places names list which is safe for traveling in South American. I really like Galapagos Islands place name in all the shared places names list. That's why I am keen to know about this place in detail. SO you in your next post, you try to share with me massive information about the Galapagos Islands.

Have you ever take las vegas travel deals tout?

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun May 13, 2018 5:25 am

From what I know the safest country in South America is Chile, but there cannot be 100 % safe because we know that not all the people are the same and there are mean people everywhere and you can be robbed anywhere.

Return to “Travel Warnings”