How to apply to jobs? Best place to see open listings?

Share your opinions, questions, concerns, desires, advice or experiences of living and working in another country.
951temec
Yemen

How to apply to jobs? Best place to see open listings?

Postby 951temec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:33 am

Hi so i have a passing interest in working over seas short or long term doesn't matter as long as the nation-state i go to is particularly interesting are theyre any websites like indeed that feature a ton of ope job listings for Americans looking for work in other countries?

dhovorka
Austria

Re: How to apply to jobs? Best place to see open listings?

Postby dhovorka » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:06 am

First address I would go-to is for sure LinkedIn. After linkedIn there is the biggest site monster.com, it is used in many countries on the world and a lot of international companies are job posting here.

However, maybe it is a good idea first to decide where you want to go to and then approach companies over there. Depends also very much in which industry you are looking for a job, what your education level is. I want to give you an example: If you are engineer, experienced in working for factories or plants you might look into oil & gas industry, this would limit the countries for jobs. Beside the middle east, Africa there are a handful companies in Europe and also countries.

Look into software industry, I would say the spot number one is US, silicon valley. 90% of all companies are located there. However look into the big blue chip companies and each of them has an own hiring portal on the website. Here you can find jobs worldwide.

Return to “Living and working abroad”