Currency reasons

Share your opinions, questions, concerns, desires, advice or experiences of living and working in another country.
mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Currency reasons

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Some people go to live and work abroad because they are sure that even if they earn little, they can save it and go back to their country where the conversation rate will be low and the money will be more. For example, earning $100 a day may seem less to the country using that currency but the outsider will know the money is much when converted back to their country's currency.

I think people shouldn't focus too much on currency because living abroad and working there too is not easy.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Currency reasons

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:24 am

The bigger value of the foreign currency is the main attraction of those who work abroad especially in the Middle East where abuse of the employer is common. The workers feel that they can earn 5 times or even up to 10 times of their salary here when they go abroad to work as domestic help. Can you imagine a school teacher going down to that level just because of the money? Hard times indeed but that is life in a third world country. The allure of the dollar and Rials is like a magnet.

fishbate
Philippines

Postby fishbate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:33 am

I agree the value of money differs on the country that's why some people work abroad. Also the opportunity of work may be narrow that's why some people work abroad as a last option. Lastly reason is tax... people working abroad has little tax to pay, as a result the income is more higher or has greater value. :)

jaypinoy
Philippines

Postby jaypinoy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:54 am

I definitely agree that conversion rate is the key factor why a lot of people work abroad. As a Filipino, I also dream of working outside of the country because I feel like even if I work hard here there's no possibility that I can earn a lot compared to what I'll possibly earn abroad. I'm not degrading the salary standard of the Philippines, I'm just saying that they should improve it to attract more employees because a small salary is not enough especially with the over priced products that are very necessary for living.

Return to “Living and working abroad”