united arab emirates

Share your opinions, questions, concerns, desires, advice or experiences of living and working in another country.
marifi
United Arab Emirates

united arab emirates

Postby marifi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Im from Philippines but i am now working here in emarat for my kids futures.being away from my kids is the saddest moment in life.your not there.when they get sick or may have school activities the.most you cannot see them grow daily..

fishbate
Philippines

Re: united arab emirates

Postby fishbate » Sat May 12, 2018 11:05 am

Working away from family is always hard and very stress full. But if you think about stability it brings to your family in terms financial support, the result is significant. One thing i advice is use technology to lessen your stress of being far from family. Technology nowadays is a great way to have a more consistent communication with your love one. Having technology as a tools will somehow make a difference on your physical and emotional health. :D

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:16 am

Every now and then I hear stories of how it sucks to work abroad. I've heard stories of people going missing or coming back home in body bags. Personally, I would never do it.

No, not me, they are not going to get their filthy hands on me. I'm well and comfortable at home, where I get to visit family whenever I want.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:48 am

I have several friends in Dubai who are inviting me for a vacation. But I don't feel comfortable in an Arab country because of the big differences in our culture and religion. It is scary to think that I might be arrested for violating their laws. My friends say that Dubai is a free place even with alcoholic drinks. But let me think about it before I plan on going there.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 am

When I was young, I always wanted to go away from home, for education and work However, I couldn't go abroad for studies because I did not have money. I also could not find satisfactory work abroad. Now I am getting old I have money to go to abroad and I can find goo dwork but I do not want to go away from home, I do not want to be far away from my family.

Return to “Living and working abroad”