Living and Working in Barcelona!

Share your opinions, questions, concerns, desires, advice or experiences of living and working in another country.
Stephenkt
United States of America

Living and Working in Barcelona!

Postby Stephenkt » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:50 pm

I am considering coming to over to beautiful city of Barcelona to teach English and I don't know where to start. Like is there many people that want to learn English? Is it cheap to live? how much is the rent? Thank you.

maxen57

Re: Living and Working in Barcelona!

Postby maxen57 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:43 pm

You should be looking up teaching opportunities in Barcelona if you still haven't. Finding a good lodging there will be tricky too because you'd need to find a local who can speak good English as well. Are you also fluent in Spanish? You won't have any problems if you are.

Arya Snark

Re: Living and Working in Barcelona!

Postby Arya Snark » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:45 pm

As far as I know, finding a person who speaks good English is not that tricky in Spain - especially in Barcelona, which has a strong tourism industry, and therefore, a lot of foreign visitors. Mind you, Catalonia and Spain in general are still recovering from the Eurozone economical crisis, so unemployment remains high, and you might have trouble gaining clients. Make sure your savings are enough to return home and stay afloat until you find a job there, in case your move to Barcelona take a wrong turn.

Return to “Living and working abroad”