Do you believe in God?

Share your ideas about some interesting topics that you would like to see talked about.
DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 am
Gender: Female - Female
India

Do you believe in God?

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 pm

This is one of the most controversial questions. No one has seen God. So, none of us can validate his existence. This presence is just a matter of Faith. He resides for those who believe in his existence. For all those who do not trust his existence, God holds no identity.

For me. My Gd always resides with me. I know he is always there for me. I do not believe in going to temples and churches for worshiping him.He is omnipresent. I can talk to him whenever and wherever I want. I have deep faith in his existence.

What is your theory or relationship with your God?



        
mildredtabitha
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:27 am
Gender: Female - Female
Kenya

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby mildredtabitha » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:46 pm

I also believe in God. I don't know if going or not going to church makes any difference. I believe in the teachings of the bible. That God sent his only son Jesus Christ to die for our sins on the cross. I also believe that there is eternal life. :D

potentialwriter
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:02 am
Location: Nigeria
Gender: Male - Male
Zodiac: Gemini
Nigeria

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby potentialwriter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:00 am

I believe strongly in God and have confessed Him as my Lord and Creator. I believe God is my Maker and He is the Maker of the universe. He is the One that must be served by all men and He is the owner of the heavens.

He made the earth and all the beautiful things that we see around the world. It took Him just a week to make all the planets and rested on the seventh day.

xobe
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 pm
Gender: Female - Female
Philippines

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby xobe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 am

God is love that is why he created all living things and non living things on earth. I do believed in God and he is only the one who knows our destiny, he made us because we have purpose here to live. Though all of us have different religions but we must keep in mind that God is only one and he is the most powerful person who can manage all things.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 am
Gender: Female - Female
India

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 pm

mildredtabitha wrote:I also believe in God. I don't know if going or not going to church makes any difference. I believe in the teachings of the bible. That God sent his only son Jesus Christ to die for our sins on the cross. I also believe that there is eternal life. :D



I understand and can relate to every point listed by you except for your point of "Eternal life". As far as I believe, human life is transient and will fade off with time. Can you please elaborate what you want to say ?

User avatar
Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:05 am
Gender: Male - Male
Nigeria

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Heatman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 am

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:This is one of the most controversial questions. No one has seen God. So, none of us can validate his existence. This presence is just a matter of Faith. He resides for those who believe in his existence. For all those who do not trust his existence, God holds no identity.

For me. My Gd always resides with me. I know he is always there for me. I do not believe in going to temples and churches for worshiping him.He is omnipresent. I can talk to him whenever and wherever I want. I have deep faith in his existence.

What is your theory or relationship with your God?


God is a mystery to my very understanding, it's definitely true that people believe in him as a supernatural being but my question is what led to God being God? What made him? How did it come into being? Some religious doctrines have several explanation to these questions but it's never answered well to clarify my curiosity to the what led to the existence of God.

What I do believe is that there are supernatural forces that affect the world and influence everything that happens in it but if it's God that is behind it, I'm not certain for sure. So coming to if I believe in God or not? I will choose to be neutral on this one. I will only say supernatural powers exist but I wouldn't categorically say it's God.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 am
Gender: Female - Female
India

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 am

Heatman wrote:
DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:This is one of the most controversial questions. No one has seen God. So, none of us can validate his existence. This presence is just a matter of Faith. He resides for those who believe in his existence. For all those who do not trust his existence, God holds no identity.

For me. My Gd always resides with me. I know he is always there for me. I do not believe in going to temples and churches for worshiping him.He is omnipresent. I can talk to him whenever and wherever I want. I have deep faith in his existence.

What is your theory or relationship with your God?


God is a mystery to my very understanding, it's definitely true that people believe in him as a supernatural being but my question is what led to God being God? What made him? How did it come into being? Some religious doctrines have several explanation to these questions but it's never answered well to clarify my curiosity to the what led to the existence of God.

What I do believe is that there are supernatural forces that affect the world and influence everything that happens in it but if it's God that is behind it, I'm not certain for sure. So coming to if I believe in God or not? I will choose to be neutral on this one. I will only say supernatural powers exist but I wouldn't categorically say it's God.



I agree that there are many who question the existence and origin of God. But,then teh alternate qusetion which arises is that who made the human beings and everything that surrounds them, There must be someone who made the sun, moon, stars, trees and animals. In addition to it, it has to be one supreme power who designed the whole universe and make them work in synchronization with one another. As an answer to all these questions, we name this Supreme or Supernatural power as God.

It is just a matter of faith. There are many who have a strong belief in God and state that they can even communicate with him. There are many who seek guidance and ask for help from his on daily basis. So if something is trusted by so may people it possibly holds some existence.

to7update
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:10 am
Gender: Male - Male
Portugal

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby to7update » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 am

God is just a name, but we can say I do believe in god or gods because I think there is more than one. I see god as love, kindness, and in this sense all of us have inside us particles of god, when we are good and perform good actions.

User avatar
Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:05 am
Gender: Male - Male
Nigeria

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Heatman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:53 pm

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:
Heatman wrote:
DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:This is one of the most controversial questions. No one has seen God. So, none of us can validate his existence. This presence is just a matter of Faith. He resides for those who believe in his existence. For all those who do not trust his existence, God holds no identity.

For me. My Gd always resides with me. I know he is always there for me. I do not believe in going to temples and churches for worshiping him.He is omnipresent. I can talk to him whenever and wherever I want. I have deep faith in his existence.

What is your theory or relationship with your God?


God is a mystery to my very understanding, it's definitely true that people believe in him as a supernatural being but my question is what led to God being God? What made him? How did it come into being? Some religious doctrines have several explanation to these questions but it's never answered well to clarify my curiosity to the what led to the existence of God.

What I do believe is that there are supernatural forces that affect the world and influence everything that happens in it but if it's God that is behind it, I'm not certain for sure. So coming to if I believe in God or not? I will choose to be neutral on this one. I will only say supernatural powers exist but I wouldn't categorically say it's God.



I agree that there are many who question the existence and origin of God. But,then teh alternate qusetion which arises is that who made the human beings and everything that surrounds them, There must be someone who made the sun, moon, stars, trees and animals. In addition to it, it has to be one supreme power who designed the whole universe and make them work in synchronization with one another. As an answer to all these questions, we name this Supreme or Supernatural power as God.

It is just a matter of faith. There are many who have a strong belief in God and state that they can even communicate with him. There are many who seek guidance and ask for help from his on daily basis. So if something is trusted by so may people it possibly holds some existence.


Yes, you are very correct in mentioning faith on having to believe in the existence of God and religion is one of the core principles to having one believing in God or not. Talking about God, believe me that the concept of God isn't a singular myth for all people. There are several gods in existence depending on one's religious beliefs and point of view. Christians believe in the Trinity in one God - God the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit, Muslims believe in Allah, monks believe in Buddha etc.

So therefore, one's belief and faith is what guides him or her into believing in one form of a God or another and it's very hard to change someone's faith and beliefs. Trying such might result in serious conflict and possibly a fight that would result in spilling of blood.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 am
Gender: Female - Female
India

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 am

Heatman wrote:
DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:
Heatman wrote:
God is a mystery to my very understanding, it's definitely true that people believe in him as a supernatural being but my question is what led to God being God? What made him? How did it come into being? Some religious doctrines have several explanation to these questions but it's never answered well to clarify my curiosity to the what led to the existence of God.

What I do believe is that there are supernatural forces that affect the world and influence everything that happens in it but if it's God that is behind it, I'm not certain for sure. So coming to if I believe in God or not? I will choose to be neutral on this one. I will only say supernatural powers exist but I wouldn't categorically say it's God.



I agree that there are many who question the existence and origin of God. But,then teh alternate qusetion which arises is that who made the human beings and everything that surrounds them, There must be someone who made the sun, moon, stars, trees and animals. In addition to it, it has to be one supreme power who designed the whole universe and make them work in synchronization with one another. As an answer to all these questions, we name this Supreme or Supernatural power as God.

It is just a matter of faith. There are many who have a strong belief in God and state that they can even communicate with him. There are many who seek guidance and ask for help from his on daily basis. So if something is trusted by so may people it possibly holds some existence.


Yes, you are very correct in mentioning faith on having to believe in the existence of God and religion is one of the core principles to having one believing in God or not. Talking about God, believe me that the concept of God isn't a singular myth for all people. There are several gods in existence depending on one's religious beliefs and point of view. Christians believe in the Trinity in one God - God the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit, Muslims believe in Allah, monks believe in Buddha etc.

So therefore, one's belief and faith is what guides him or her into believing in one form of a God or another and it's very hard to change someone's faith and beliefs. Trying such might result in serious conflict and possibly a fight that would result in spilling of blood.



As I earlier said, it is just a matter of faith. We humans beings see and analyze things the way we feel and think about them. Our feelings are completely ruled by our thoughts. If we trust the existence of something then we start looking at the things in the same direction.

I respect all those who do not believe in God. It is just their thoughts and views. But for me, my God is my mentor, teacher, guiding light and so on. I have trusted him many times and he has proved himself worthy of my trust always.


Return to “Topic Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest