Do you believe in God?

Share your ideas about some interesting topics that you would like to see talked about.
User avatar
Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:05 am
Gender: Male - Male
Nigeria

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Heatman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:05 pm

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:
Heatman wrote:
DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:

I agree that there are many who question the existence and origin of God. But,then teh alternate qusetion which arises is that who made the human beings and everything that surrounds them, There must be someone who made the sun, moon, stars, trees and animals. In addition to it, it has to be one supreme power who designed the whole universe and make them work in synchronization with one another. As an answer to all these questions, we name this Supreme or Supernatural power as God.

It is just a matter of faith. There are many who have a strong belief in God and state that they can even communicate with him. There are many who seek guidance and ask for help from his on daily basis. So if something is trusted by so may people it possibly holds some existence.


Yes, you are very correct in mentioning faith on having to believe in the existence of God and religion is one of the core principles to having one believing in God or not. Talking about God, believe me that the concept of God isn't a singular myth for all people. There are several gods in existence depending on one's religious beliefs and point of view. Christians believe in the Trinity in one God - God the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit, Muslims believe in Allah, monks believe in Buddha etc.

So therefore, one's belief and faith is what guides him or her into believing in one form of a God or another and it's very hard to change someone's faith and beliefs. Trying such might result in serious conflict and possibly a fight that would result in spilling of blood.



As I earlier said, it is just a matter of faith. We humans beings see and analyze things the way we feel and think about them. Our feelings are completely ruled by our thoughts. If we trust the existence of something then we start looking at the things in the same direction.

I respect all those who do not believe in God. It is just their thoughts and views. But for me, my God is my mentor, teacher, guiding light and so on. I have trusted him many times and he has proved himself worthy of my trust always.


In as much as with the way things are in the world today, that sometimes I tend to have my doubts about the existence of a spiritual being called God because sometimes a lot of things are allowed to happen to the good people when there is a God who is supposed to looked after their well being. It's as if good people suffer more than the bad one, and there is a God who is supposed to care for them.



        
gibbs
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 pm
Gender: Male - Male
Kenya

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby gibbs » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:38 am

I used to but now I'm not so sure. I mean since I started doing my own research I have found a lot of things that don't add Up in the bible. The book of revelation is so fictional I sometimes think Stephen King wrote it. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are a devoted christian or any other kind of believer, you should just stick to what you already know but the again I wouldn't recommend following a religion so blindly.

User avatar
Henrywrites
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:02 am
Gender: Male - Male
Nigeria

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Henrywrites » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:06 am

Before I go deeper into what I want to explain on this. I have to say that I have utmost belief in the supremamacy of the power of God and that all power belongs to him. However, series of events are the reasons when many people around the world doubt his existence and one of them is the way Christians are killed all over the world.

Many people always wonder how the God that claim to have total control over the things of the world will always allows his people to be killed on a daily basis without reacting with his power and might. For me, I always let them know that God knows that persecution will come which is the reason he told us to always believe even at the point of death.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:14 am
Gender: None specified - None specified
Philippines

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Kakashi2020 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:06 am

Yes I do believe in God not because I've been born a Catholic or a Christian, I believe in God because I felt his love through out my life. I believe in God because I studied His words written in both the old and the New Testaments of the Holy Bible. I believe in God because of all the answered prayers and the blessings God blessed me and my family.

JB Fernandez
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 am
Gender: Male - Male
Philippines

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby JB Fernandez » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:17 am

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:This is one of the most controversial questions. No one has seen God. So, none of us can validate his existence. This presence is just a matter of Faith. He resides for those who believe in his existence. For all those who do not trust his existence, God holds no identity.

For me. My Gd always resides with me. I know he is always there for me. I do not believe in going to temples and churches for worshiping him.He is omnipresent. I can talk to him whenever and wherever I want. I have deep faith in his existence.

What is your theory or relationship with your God?


If we don't believe in God, what else can we believe in? I can say that believing in God is the most satisfying feeling that you could feel. You will attain peace of mind. Genuine happiness can only be found in the arms of our God.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 am
Gender: Female - Female
India

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:18 am

JB Fernandez wrote:
DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:This is one of the most controversial questions. No one has seen God. So, none of us can validate his existence. This presence is just a matter of Faith. He resides for those who believe in his existence. For all those who do not trust his existence, God holds no identity.

For me. My Gd always resides with me. I know he is always there for me. I do not believe in going to temples and churches for worshiping him.He is omnipresent. I can talk to him whenever and wherever I want. I have deep faith in his existence.

What is your theory or relationship with your God?


If we don't believe in God, what else can we believe in? I can say that believing in God is the most satisfying feeling that you could feel. You will attain peace of mind. Genuine happiness can only be found in the arms of our God.



I completely agree with your point that trust in God brings inner peace and happiness. The feeling that there is someone who always cares for you and will guide you throughout your life is simply great and can help a lot to sail through tough times. It is just a matter of faith and trust in the Almighty.

User avatar
rnastee
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:04 pm
Gender: Male - Male
United States of America

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby rnastee » Wed May 02, 2018 4:49 am

Although I do respect all religions, I'm not religious myself. I think that way too many people have suffered and died through religious beliefs and practices. I believe that there are higher entities but I don't believe in one single entity as being a god.

kaka135
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:23 am
Gender: Female - Female
Malaysia

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby kaka135 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:26 am

My family and I are not Christians, and I actually didn't know much about God until I studied a little bit more about the Old Testament lately. Well, I still don't know much about Him, hence I can't say whether I believe in Him or not, but I believe in spirituality. I am not sure if I will believe in God one day if I learn more about Him. I like to learn more about different religions and cultures, and I respect all of them.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:14 am
Gender: None specified - None specified
Philippines

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Kakashi2020 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Yes, I do believe in God, the God of the old testament and the new. I believe that God and His kind created Man to rule and have dominion over all the living creatures on Earth. I believe that God sent His Son Jesus Christ to save mankind from eternal damnation.

Kieranlewix
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:10 am
Gender: Male - Male
Zodiac: Virgo
Kenya

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Kieranlewix » Tue May 08, 2018 4:25 am

I do believe in God. As human beings, we are wired to believe in the existence of a divine and all powerful being. Deep inside us, even for the atheists, we know we can't be the most superior life form, and that we were created by someone very powerful.


Return to “Topic Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest