How people should behave in different countries.

Share your ideas about some interesting topics that you would like to see talked about.
McMillan96
United States of America

How people should behave in different countries.

Postby McMillan96 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Like in Japan you have to act Perlite and if you are complimented at work by your boss, or by someone for your looks you shouldn't accepted the complimented. You would say "Think you but I'll do a better job" or "I don't look that good".

Here a video to explain more "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOm2lnWxiaI"
it animated but youtuber Einshine live in japan.

remnant

Re: How people should behave in different countries.

Postby remnant » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:33 am

In some countries like Nigeria and some other places in Africa like Uganda, you are expected to greet fellow passengers when you board a bus. If you fail to do so, it will be construed to be impoliteness at worst. Others would easily conclude that you are a visitor and if not somewhat detached. It pays big time to closely observe what others are doing.

arachnophobik
Philippines

Postby arachnophobik » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:16 am

The main key will always fall down on being nice to people, even if they seem rude to you. Whenever I travel to other countries, I find myself making acquaintances with locals there, trying to get to know them and their culture. Although sometimes it might give a sudden culture shock because what may be applicable in your culture may be a very terrible thing or them. I learned not to ask people how much they earn right after asking what they do for work (here in the Philippines, it's quite alright really, or at least I've never met anyone who minds), and maybe avoid asking how old they are if they look older than 25 just to be safe.

Eli Maximilien
Haiti

Postby Eli Maximilien » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 pm

If you're from America and you're traveling abroad, there are a few things to keep in mind when traveling to ANY country. First, if you have tools available to learn some of their language, start learning. In the U.S., there's a tendency to look down on people who don't speak English; and many carry this frame of mind abroad as well. Second, learn more about the culture that you're about to enter. There's nothing more annoying than a snobby American.

Lastly in culmination with all of these things, don't be arrogant. Respect the people, and be open-minded to their ways of life. Inevitably there are going to be cultural differences, but that doesn't mean you can't respect those differences.

hallowishie
Philippines

Postby hallowishie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

If you are traveling and visiting or even living in a country other than your homeland, you need to respect it’s culture and traditions. You should respect the people in that specific country too. You also need to do research first before traveling to a certain country so you would know their ways. Behaving is very much important since you are in a different country.

Return to “Topic Suggestions”