What pushes you to look for love outside?

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: What pushes you to look for love outside?

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:14 pm

In our country getting married to a foreigner is an honor that is sometimes envied by friends. No, the color does not matter anymore because the culture here is very permissive now unlike when I was young. There are many foreigners living here who are married to a Filipino.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:21 am

Sometimes it's just easier to talk to someone from another area....whether it's another city, state or country. For me, I was fascinated by my future wife's culture of her country.

AmericanHeart
United States of America

Postby AmericanHeart » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:55 am

I am seeking outside of my country because the way and attitudes of my co-patriots in this country behaved. Too many are not showing true love and not care. I had hard time finding the one. I faced two entirely different problems-- dating and employment.

I am Deaf and this makes it difficult in both fields as I mentioned in past paragraph. Communication is the key. So, this is why I prefer to meet someone online than in person and seemly it is easier to meet someone from another country. Problem is for me: it is MORE expensive to marry a foreigner than marrying an American. I can go on further but that is all I am going to say.

Camille
Philippines

Postby Camille » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:07 am

Sometimes, too much familiarity with people of your own race can turn you away and push you to look for love somewhere else. There's something exciting about being in a relationship with someone from a different culture because you just don't know what to expect in most cases. Adding to that feeling is the awareness that the foreign guy is in the same boat. I'm a Filipina and I love to pamper and nurture my man and make him feel special and loved all the time. Men of my own race seem to take that for granted. A foreign guy highly values the TLC and gives back in his own way.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”