Why do older men choose to retire and marry here?

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
Mark Grill

Re: Why do older men choose to retire and marry here?

Postby Mark Grill » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:24 am

mhaou33 I do agree with you with this quote which you have shared in your post Heart has no wrinkles. Love to say keep sharing like this alll.

jyu143
Philippines

Postby jyu143 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Honestly for me because of money there $1 became 50 pesos in our country, so that's why most of American citizens moved in the Philippines.

Some foreigners they said that they found Philippines a hospitable country and that's why they prefer to live in Philippines :)

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:26 am

I know several British expats who married filipinas and decided to stay in Bohol province, near the beaches there. I visited a good friend who worked in the UK for 20 years and he settled in Bohol, his home town, and was surprised to know that his sister and a cousin has both married his co workers both British men in their 50's, his sister and cousin are both in their early 30's and the couples have several kids already. One night I got the chance to talk to them and I ask them why did they marry and decided to live in the Philippines and at a province and not the city. They answered back and told me that they hate the weather in London, it's always cold and snowing if not raining, they said. And when they first saw the beaches and the sun in the Philippines, it was like paradise, also everything is cheap, they could live comfortably with their pension and retirement pay and the women are beautiful and loving. So that I think are fine answers from British gentlemen.

jaypinoy
Philippines

Postby jaypinoy » Sat May 12, 2018 7:23 am

Well it's because our country is a bit more peaceful and stress-free than the western countries. We are also very hospitable to foreigners and (not to offend foreigners) some of them see that as an advantage because they know that there'll be someone and anyone who will help them in times of trouble. Our currency is also inferior to the western currency therefore even if they don't have that much money at home, they'll be rich in the Philippines after the conversion. I also want to point out that our products are much more cheaper than what's in America and other western countries.

Bravosi
Ukraine

Postby Bravosi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:10 am

A smart man wants a good house wife, not someone pursuing glamour needs. That's why! :)

rnastee
United States of America

Postby rnastee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm not that old, but I know that I would love to marry a Filipina woman and retire in the Philippines. The people overall seem to be friendly. And the women are some of the most beautiful women in the world.

Folk Artist
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Zodiac: Aquarius
United States of America

Postby Folk Artist » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:41 pm

In the Philippines, roughly 80 percent of the population are Roman Catholic, but is one of the only two countries in the world where divorce remains illegal - the other one is the Vatican City. I think you can file for annulment though, but they are expensive as far as the Filipino women go, whose jobs bring them a few dollars a day.

anniebh4
United States of America

Postby anniebh4 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:30 am

I think that a lot of older men from the US go to places like the Philippines to marry and retire is because it is a cheap place to live. A lot of them are on fixed incomes and would not have a good standard of living if they stayed in the states. And also, I think it's easier for them to date in places like that because they are considered to be wealthy.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”