Why do older men choose to retire and marry here?

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
maxen57

Why do older men choose to retire and marry here?

Postby maxen57 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:24 pm

My British uncle would be the first one I would ask that question but he passed away weeks ago so it's really too late now. I'm not saying that older men all come here but relocate practically anywhere to settle down. I'm just curious because there are also lots of women in America who might be just as lonely and are also looking for potential partners. I've read one time about this American woman saying that we have fallen into traps and are selling ourselves short because old men would rather settle for southeast Asian women. In some of the books I've read, we are either maids or prostitutes who ran off with other women's husbands and it's killing me a bit.

So why would foreign men want to marry a Filipina despite are not so polished reputation?

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Re: Why do older men choose to retire and marry here?

Postby ricky1874 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Over here in America, alot of older men move to the Philippines because it's cheaper to live there. They find it easier to meet and marry women from the Phil. because they are more approachable and easier to talk to.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

jaycua
Philippines

Postby jaycua » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 am

maxen57 wrote:My British uncle would be the first one I would ask that question but he passed away weeks ago so it's really too late now. I'm not saying that older men all come here but relocate practically anywhere to settle down. I'm just curious because there are also lots of women in America who might be just as lonely and are also looking for potential partners. I've read one time about this American woman saying that we have fallen into traps and are selling ourselves short because old men would rather settle for southeast Asian women. In some of the books I've read, we are either maids or prostitutes who ran off with other women's husbands and it's killing me a bit.

So why would foreign men want to marry a Filipina despite are not so polished reputation?

I think those articles where biased or coming from someone racist or bitter. For me I believe filipinos worldwide are know for being friendly and accomodating as well as being hospitable and caring in nature. This for me is one reason why tourist or foreigners, alot of them atleast would want to marry a filipina. They know they will be taken cared of and loved. I read this article too that foreigners like amercians who prefer not to marry fellow american women is because most american women would not fully settle down aka give up their job and take care of kids amd serve their husbands. It had to do with being a feminist of power or some sort. Most filipinas on the other hand are raised and influenced by the culture to love and take care of their husbands or partners.

Though on this modernized world, do you think this is a good thing or compliment or should filipina women married to foreigners also aim to be independent still or not give uo their careers? Do you think this is a factor?

Mishimishi
Philippines

Postby Mishimishi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:52 am

The Philippines is a beautiful country, who would not love to stay here? It's cheaper here which suits senior citizens from other country who has stopped working. Also, in the Philippines you can find the most approachable and charitable people in the world, you can survive here with nothing at all, people would definitely help you. Maybe those old men realized they want to feel the presence of family, a real family where love exist. I meet a Turkish few months ago, I asked him why he stayed in the Philippines instead of spending his remaining years (he's old) with his family in Turkey. He said he loves his new wife, and he said his wife is the best in the world. He said those words as if he has never fallen in love before. Those articles you have read must be written by a foreign wife whose husband chose to stay in Asia than staying with her. Who are they to call us prostitutes and maids if they barely knew us? They just can't accept the fact that their husbands chose the "prostitute and maids" they are calling, over them. :lol:

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:38 am

I would say it's because of how pretty their women are. Who wouldn't want to marry and retire with a lovey beautiful lady. Personally, I'm going to settle for such women as it would make me love and live longer.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 am

I know of so many male foreigners who are married to younger Filipina. The usual reason is the personality of the wife who is affectionate. The husband, no matter what age is taken care of by the wife. Much more, the wife's family is also in full support of the foreigner husband.

genesis
Philippines

Postby genesis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 pm

I would say filipinas are pretty, and that's it. Given the fact about filipanas' innocent smile and looks, I'm sure they captivate a foreign's heart. You see foreigners outside the country of Philippines tend to work first before marrying, or rather have their career fixed before anything, that's sure is quite a goal, so they forget that love thing or the pleasure of being married. Here in Philippines, love is everywhere, even in teenagers who doesn't even know what real love really means. Maybe they're following the culture of the west, but besides that, once a filipina became matured, for sure their mentality will go towards their goal, I mean their career. :D

Camilla
Philippines

Postby Camilla » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Retirees see the Philippines as one of the countries where they can stretch their pension and live lavishly, to the point where they can even afford to hire domestic help, an arrangement which is probably not possible in their country of origin. Besides that, they easily find out or hear from their compatriots that Filipina wives are loving, caring, patient, selfless, hardworking, and uncomplicated. Filipina wives are characteristically devoted to their husband and their world revolve around him and their kids.

mhaou33
Philippines

Postby mhaou33 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Older men choose to retire and live here for some reasons. First, they find it cheaper living here. Food, clothing, houses, it's way much cheaper in the Philippines. They can save a lot of money. They also love eating local foods. Second, they find it easy to get along with Filipinos/ Filipinas. Aside from the fact that Filipinos are hospitable, they also love the way Filipino's care. Philippines is just one of beautiful places to live. Perfect beaches, beautiful sceneries are also some of the reason why foreigners keep coming back and for some live in the Philippines. Indeed, it's more fun in the Philippines.

mhaou33
Philippines

Postby mhaou33 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 pm

68549edfc56cb082123bab65f53de57d--young-at-heart-enjoying-life.jpg
Indeed, age doesn't matter!
68549edfc56cb082123bab65f53de57d--young-at-heart-enjoying-life.jpg (52.87 KiB) Viewed 5966 times

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”