What if s/he just wants US citizenship?

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
wallet
Romania

Re: What if s/he just wants US citizenship?

Postby wallet » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Anyone who marries someone knows if that person truly loves him/her or not. If there is any doubt then the marriage should not be done. It is true that there are people who know to play theatre but in your heart, you will know if that person is pretending or not.
I never had to deal with this kind of situation, thank God for this!

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm

I know of so many such cases before when Subic base in Olongapo City was still under the US military. Most of the Filipina women give their body to the American marines in exchange of marriage that would give them the privilege of becoming US citizens. Some cases materialized but those failed went to the extent of getting pregnant. And some of the children from that relationship were recognized by their American fathers.

gibbs
Kenya

Postby gibbs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:22 am

I don't really think there is a sure way to know if your spouse is after green card or genuine mostly because when it comes to marriage and love nothing is quite white and black anymore. Things in the old days were so simple but nowadays everything is so grey and at the end of the day people believe what they want so getting fooled is quite easy.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:36 am

gibbs wrote:I don't really think there is a sure way to know if your spouse is after green card or genuine mostly because when it comes to marriage and love nothing is quite white and black anymore. Things in the old days were so simple but nowadays everything is so grey and at the end of the day people believe what they want so getting fooled is quite easy.

It's true what you just said because when it comes to a matter of love, people tends to go in with all they have and if you are lucky and fortunate enough, your love mate would love you just as or even more than you have loved him or her and it's not going to be the issue of having another agenda per say in green card.

But my advice is to be careful how and when trying to fall in love, fall in love with your head and not your heart because using your head being in love would tell you when you are being played unlike when it's your heart that controls how you feel.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun May 13, 2018 5:28 am

This never happened to me but there are people who are marrying for a green card. I don't know if there are people who lie about this, because I know that many people say that they need a green card and they offer money for a marriage of a year or two.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”