Online Marriage Proposal

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
Mishimishi
Philippines

Online Marriage Proposal

Postby Mishimishi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 am

No ring, but he asked me if I could marry him and I said yes, should I consider him as my fiance? We're in an online relationship for more than 3 years. And no doubt that I love him. Should I take his words seriously? Should I keep waiting for him? But for how long?

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Online Marriage Proposal

Postby Heatman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 am

I would say that online proposal and people actually getting married from meeting through online social media connectivity is a common thing today. Technology improvement have made a lot of things very easy even in human relationship. It has made people feel more comfortable and connected well then ever now.

I would tell you that if you think that you truly love him, why not, Marry him as I believe it would definitely make you happy. Good luck.

Kieranlewix
Zodiac: Virgo
Kenya

Postby Kieranlewix » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:43 am

Mishimishi wrote:No ring, but he asked me if I could marry him and I said yes, should I consider him as my fiance? We're in an online relationship for more than 3 years. And no doubt that I love him. Should I take his words seriously? Should I keep waiting for him? But for how long?

Wow! Personally I have never encountered this before.It really says a lot that he has proposed to you online.You must have quite a deep connection for him to have opted to do that.So why not marry him?Of course if you feel the same way about him that is.From your question I can tell you are concerned about the amount of time to wait.Think of it this way,why would he decide to propose online?In my point of view,he is also concerned that you may get tired of waiting or fall out of love,so he has decided to give you a grand gesture to show you he really does love you very much.Go for it,and best of luck friend!

xobe
Philippines

Postby xobe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 am

Online proposals are commonly for those people who gets online most of the time. It is more similar in online dating because they chatted all the time in getting to know each other. I have no against online proposals as long as the guy is willing to give himself to his loved ones and marry that person with the blessed of priest. Marriage is a sacred thing and we must respect the process of it.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:03 am

If you're on a relationship for 3 years now and it has come to that, I think it's time to meet. I mean, why haven't you done it just yet? Just get together and spend the rest of your lives together. :)

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:29 am

If he keeps you waiting for too long, I would suggest that you move on with your life because a lot of things are happening in the world today especially through and off social media. As much as it's lovely to meet one online who is willing to settle down with you, there are those who are out to just dupe you and disappear.

An incidence occurred in my neighborhood not too long ago, a day who was promised marriage and the guy even proposed and came to see the lady's family just one. The lady threw herself at this guy after seeing her parents and the young man took advantage. Duped her, impregnated her and ran. It was really a mess, so be careful.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm

From your explanation, it seems you have never met him. 3 years is such a long time to date online and it seems like you might never even meet. Have you ever tried offline dating or this is your first time to fall in love? I would advise you meet with the person who proposed to you as soon as possible so you can know the next step.

I don't encourage the online dating but being able to see each other everyday and do important things like proposing offline Is better than doing them online.

Henrywrites
Nigeria

Postby Henrywrites » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:55 am

In as much as I don't think there is anything wrong with online dating, it is always right to get to know the other person when the news of marriage comes into play. It is not that you did something bad by saying yes to the proposal, but try to create time to visit your fiance and be with he/she for some time in order to look through his behavior before concluding whether the ring should be in your finger or not. The reason I said so is to avoid heartache that might arise in the future from such relationships.

Henrywrites
Nigeria

Postby Henrywrites » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:58 am

mildredtabitha wrote:From your explanation, it seems you have never met him. 3 years is such a long time to date online and it seems like you might never even meet. Have you ever tried offline dating or this is your first time to fall in love? I would advise you meet with the person who proposed to you as soon as possible so you can know the next step.

I don't encourage the online dating but being able to see each other everyday and do important things like proposing offline Is better than doing them online.

Hi, mildredtabitha

This was the same thing that I suggested as well. I mean you can't be dating someone for up to three years and counting and being unable to see them. There is need that she/he would take some time and meet the other person for what we see on the internet on a daily basis can be deceptive from what reality brings to the table.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:14 am

That's nice marriage is good no matter how you look at it. Although I'm not sure I can easily agree to marrying someone I meet online without having to meet such person in real life and spend some quality time with her to understand how she behaves physically in person and not online life.

Most people live fake life online, so therefore you should be careful about making any hasty decisions because marriage is till death do you part. And to suffer in marriage is not something encouraging. 3 years is long to keep waiting, if he is serious he would make efforts to make things move fast.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”