Would you forgive your partner for cheating

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Re: Would you forgive your partner for cheating

Postby dottie » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm

That question is very subjective. It depends on the feelings of both parties. There is a big difference when the feelings of the partner is already waning or totally gone already, so if ever he or she finds out about the cheating, then it would be a lot more tolerable as compared to when he or she was very much in love. I would forgive if I was already in that stage.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:04 am

I would never forgive my partner for cheating on me. I am happily married with a kid. However, if my husband cheats on me, I will not consider another option apart from leaving him. I cannot tolerate cheating. Loyalty is what I care about when it comes to building a relationship.

sweerie_banana
Kenya

Postby sweerie_banana » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:18 am

I don't think I can forgive my partner for cheating cause He should have left the minute he felt I was not good enough.
Why cheat? If he can get what I give him from elsewhere he can leave, gladly.
I think there are limits to any relationship and when it gets to the point that one party is cheating it means they don't respect what you have.

I have never forgiven a cheat before and he still cheated so I would rather stay off. I feel there is no guarantee they wouldn't do it again. I feel like it's a pattern and that is why I hate liars. There are pathological liars. Liars are born to cheat and lie so it is hard for them not to lie since they are natural-born liars.

Either way, this topic depends on you and your heart. Follow your instincts. It normally takes a leap of faith and you will always have doubt.
"Is he being faithful right now?".
"Is he cheating, that's why he is coming home late?".

Can a Cheater Change?
I believe this should be your next thread. I believe it really takes a lot of patience and prayers for a cheating partner to change.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”