Would you forgive your partner for cheating

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Would you forgive your partner for cheating

Postby Martinsx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Relationship is based on trust and it thrives when the both parties love and trust as well as tolerate each other but in a situation where one had cheated on his or her partner and was caught, would you forgive?

Will the relationship still be the same again after such act?

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Would you forgive your partner for cheating

Postby Heatman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 am

Once one is found guilty of being infidel to his or her partner in a relationship, that relationship has already been scared beyond coming back to what it used to be when the parties started out. Personally, I would really find it very difficult to accept my partner back when I discovered she had cheated on me and slept with another man. I wouldn't have any atom of happiness seeing her around me, to be on the safer side, I would end the relationship in order to prevent myself from hurting her in anger because I might have a hard time in keeping myself in control.

cherimae
Australia

Postby cherimae » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:40 am

For me, no - I don't think I could. I think every time something happened I'd always be wondering what if. What if my partner was late home from work? I'd automatically assume the worst, because if someone has deceived you like that before I think it's always possible they'll do it again. I guess that's why there's the saying "once a cheater always a cheater". I know that some people are truly capable of change, but I just don't think when trust is shattered that it's ever the same.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 am

The answer is no, I could never forgive my wife for cheating me. I was almost to cheat my wife, she found out and I was close to losing my family, I was very close to losing her and my kids, I am sorry for what I have done and I know she would not forgive me either.

Steve5
Philippines

Postby Steve5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:56 am

I'll be able to forgive the person who cheated. But it won't be the same. Time heals relationships. It's just that there are repercussions for what we do. That's why we ought to do it right the first time around.

Kakashi2020
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Philippines

Postby Kakashi2020 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:59 am

Well I can and I will forgive her but it can never be the same as before, it does depend on what kind of cheating happened, Was sex involved? Was it just a date? Or is she inlove with another guy? So it really depends but if sex is involved then I'll still forgive her but its time to go our separate ways. If no sex was involved then probably I'll forgive her and give her another chance.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 am

I don't think cheating is something that can be forgiven, simply because it's a matter of trust. Trust is the base of any relationship, so once trust is broken, it's hard to get it back.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:48 am

to7update wrote:I don't think cheating is something that can be forgiven, simply because it's a matter of trust. Trust is the base of any relationship, so once trust is broken, it's hard to get it back.

Exactly, once it's a matter of trust its something delicate and the moment it's broken, there is no way it's going to be amended 100%.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Sat May 19, 2018 6:35 am

Once you cheat it is over, there is no going back after that. We each just go our own way and that's that.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Thu May 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Hova wrote:Once you cheat it is over, there is no going back after that. We each just go our own way and that's that.

There was this case one of my friend brought to me about his relationship with his girlfriend. She actually cheated on him and the guy found out what had happened and confronted her.

She admitted to having cheated on the guy but turned around and blamed the guy for being the reason why she had to cheat on him, saying that he wasn't romantic anymore in the relationship. How do you feel about such reason for cheating?

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”