Would you forgive your partner for cheating

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: Would you forgive your partner for cheating

Postby Hova » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:05 am

Heatman wrote:
Hova wrote:Once you cheat it is over, there is no going back after that. We each just go our own way and that's that.

There was this case one of my friend brought to me about his relationship with his girlfriend. She actually cheated on him and the guy found out what had happened and confronted her.

She admitted to having cheated on the guy but turned around and blamed the guy for being the reason why she had to cheat on him, saying that he wasn't romantic anymore in the relationship. How do you feel about such reason for cheating?

First of all no one can make you do anything. People who blame their indiscretions on other people are just cowards and liars. People are weak, men and women alike. Eventually, we all cheat and there is nothing we can do about it.
Second, if you happen to find out that your spouse is cheating, do the same thing yourself and move on. You are not going to get anything by confronting him/her.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Hova wrote:
Heatman wrote:
Hova wrote:Once you cheat it is over, there is no going back after that. We each just go our own way and that's that.

There was this case one of my friend brought to me about his relationship with his girlfriend. She actually cheated on him and the guy found out what had happened and confronted her.

She admitted to having cheated on the guy but turned around and blamed the guy for being the reason why she had to cheat on him, saying that he wasn't romantic anymore in the relationship. How do you feel about such reason for cheating?

First of all no one can make you do anything. People who blame their indiscretions on other people are just cowards and liars. People are weak, men and women alike. Eventually, we all cheat and there is nothing we can do about it.
Second, if you happen to find out that your spouse is cheating, do the same thing yourself and move on. You are not going to get anything by confronting him/her.

Seriously, I found that story very annoying. How one blame someone else for her mistake. If you wanted to cheat, you are definitely going to cheat because I believe that all cheaters plans to cheat and carry it out. The lady was just trying to justify her ill lifestyle.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Hova wrote:
Heatman wrote:

I completely agree with each andv every word you quoted down. All of us including me is solely responsible for his actions. Blaming others or fetching excuses in the name of others is nothing but a selfish act. Such defaulters have no right to live in the society. I would suggest that anyone could cheating should be completely bycotted from the society. The partners should understand that it is better to live alone but peacefully than to live in a forced and tensed relationship with a cheater.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:47 am

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:
Hova wrote:
Heatman wrote:

I completely agree with each andv every word you quoted down. All of us including me is solely responsible for his actions. Blaming others or fetching excuses in the name of others is nothing but a selfish act. Such defaulters have no right to live in the society. I would suggest that anyone could cheating should be completely bycotted from the society. The partners should understand that it is better to live alone but peacefully than to live in a forced and tensed relationship with a cheater.

The truth is that some people are too cowardly to accept their mistake when they are wrong, they would always have some design or scheme to try and pin the blame on another person or another factor, saying that without such variable existing, they wouldn't have done the ill they committed.

But to completely having them boycotted in the society would mean not giving them a chance to understand their wrong and an opportunity to change. Even though the relationship might have been over, it's still our duty to teach.

fishbate
Philippines

Postby fishbate » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:38 am

I would forgive but definitely it will take a long time to forget. Relationships are always build in trust and respect, but if one does something that is against trust and respect the end result may be devastating. But of course love works in different ways and forgiving is one of it. But i think the relationship will never be the same again.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:57 am

fishbate wrote:I would forgive but definitely it will take a long time to forget. Relationships are always build in trust and respect, but if one does something that is against trust and respect the end result may be devastating. But of course love works in different ways and forgiving is one of it. But i think the relationship will never be the same again.

It's a good thing to hear that you will forgive but I'm sorry to say this, human beings don't forget such betrayal not ever. It's not just going to be hard to forget but it's impossible to forget such a thing. I have actually had an experience and the relationship was never the same as it was. It's like the foundation of the relationship has been fractured or broken or shattered. Nothing remains the same ever again, most times it will be just on pretense that the relationship holds on.

Bravosi
Ukraine

Postby Bravosi » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:27 am

No, and no one in their sane mind would do it (no offense), because relationship is trust. Once that trust is broken there's no going back.

kaka135
Malaysia

Postby kaka135 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 am

When I was younger, I thought I would never forgive if my partner was cheating. But when I grew older, and if I am really facing this issue, I think I would choose and learn to forgive. Of course, it isn't easy to forget. But whether or not we are going to be together, it really needs a good and deep discussion together with my partner, and we will decide whether we are going to walk this path together or we'll just be apart. I just think forgiving is being good to ourselves.

JUTTARA777
India

Postby JUTTARA777 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:55 am

Well, i dont think i would be able to forgive my partner if such a situation arises in my life. Relationships are based on mutual respect and trust. Once your partner is caught cheating on you, it means that your relationship has failed. A person will indulge into cheating only when he or she is not satisfied with the relationship. I think it is better to walk away from such a relationship, instead of carrying on with the burden of trying to make it work.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:35 pm

Martinsx wrote:Relationship is based on trust and it thrives when the both parties love and trust as well as tolerate each other but in a situation where one had cheated on his or her partner and was caught, would you forgive?

Will the relationship still be the same again after such act?

I can forgive but the relationship wont be the same.It cant be the same and we wpuld just have to break up.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”