Gay relationships in African countries

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
davidworth
United States of America

Gay relationships in African countries

Postby davidworth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:35 am

How is being gay treated in African countries? I ask this question because I don't see a lot of information on the topic. Are homosexuals treated bad or are they accepted?

Discover all things abroad

Bravosi
Ukraine

Re: Gay relationships in African countries

Postby Bravosi » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:06 am

I think it's highly unwarranted anywhere, and unhealthy. Better keep that new millenial custom at bay somewhere in a basement.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:32 pm

davidworth wrote:How is being gay treated in African countries? I ask this question because I don't see a lot of information on the topic. Are homosexuals treated bad or are they accepted?

They are not accepted in most countries in africa.They get a lot of critism when people find out so the stay in hiding.Most of the keep their relationships as a secret.

davidworth
United States of America

Postby davidworth » Sun May 02, 2021 10:19 am

mildredtabitha wrote:
davidworth wrote:How is being gay treated in African countries? I ask this question because I don't see a lot of information on the topic. Are homosexuals treated bad or are they accepted?

They are not accepted in most countries in africa.They get a lot of critism when people find out so the stay in hiding.Most of the keep their relationships as a secret.

I think that's sad. I'm not pro or anti gay, but I do believe that people should be able to live their lives and be happy.
Discover all things abroad

sweerie_banana
Kenya

Postby sweerie_banana » Sat May 08, 2021 5:53 am

The law is against all the practices happening here. For instance, there is even sodomy happening in high schools.
The law has not allowed the ruling of such offensive laws.

Your child may go to school straight and come back a homo.
Although there are no cases, I am sure this is happening right in front of our doorsteps.
Despite the legal laws, there is nothing stopping such activities from happening in society.

Hova
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby Hova » Sun May 09, 2021 9:37 am

This is a very touchy subject in the whole African continent. Nobody is willing to touch on the matter, so people just ignore it like it doest exist.

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Postby ricky1874 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:12 am

I really think that everyone needs to respect each other beliefs and their sexual preference. Even if you disagree, you need to respect their beliefs.
"100 Countries Before I Die..."

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Mon May 24, 2021 11:22 pm

I do not know how it goes in other countries, including African countries, however, in our country, gay relationships and gay marriages are accepted by law. Once there was even a gay lawmaker. sadly, the society is not ready to accept gay relationships. They make he life of gay people hard.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Thu May 27, 2021 1:20 pm

It's a shame that in African countries it's still taboo to be in a relationship with the same sex. I read that people can get imprisoned or penalized if they date the same sex, it's so biased and wrong.

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Postby mildredtabitha » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:05 pm

It is not accepted and people stay in hiding. Those who are know by the public are secluded, shunned and even mocked. People hate anyone who is involved and this leads them to stay in hiding. Generally it is not accepted and it is like a taboo or a disorder to people.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”