Divorce after an Interracial Marriage.

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
sweerie_banana
Kenya

Divorce after an Interracial Marriage.

Postby sweerie_banana » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 pm

I always wanted to marry outside my race. I don't think that will ever happen, who knows.
Well for those who have married abroad, do you intend to stay there after the divorce? I mean at times some marriages don't work and it is what it is. Can you dare to come back home or you would rather continue with your life abroad and fake it till you make it?

I really believe in happy endings and I wish everyone the happiest marriages ever.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Divorce after an Interracial Marriage.

Postby Alexandoy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:50 pm

When I was in the US a long time ago there was an opportunity to get married to a white American to afford me legal papers for residency. But nearing the talks of a marriage, I backed out because I realized that I prefer a Latina or a brown-skinned woman. Pardon me for being a racist, this is about taste that I am talking about.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 pm

Depends on how successful I am in that country. If I am a successful businessman or employee there, then I don't think I would want to come home since I am doing well already in another country.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 am

When you come from two different cultures, races, religions, etc. it is very difficult to sustain your marriage because marriage is not only about the love between the couples, it is also about accepting the partner's culture and getting along with the partner's relatives. You may marry some because you love him/her, but in order to stay with your spouse, you need to accept his/her culture, which is not easy. This is the reason why interracial marriages succeed less.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”