Where did you meet?

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
sweerie_banana
Kenya

Where did you meet?

Postby sweerie_banana » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Hi?
I have not been the type of person to meet someone online. I am very skeptical though I always want to meet someone from another race. I rarely travel so meeting someone new is really hard to come by.
Where did you meet your partner?

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Re: Where did you meet?

Postby justin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:53 pm

I met my husband for the first time in my uncle's house. Interestingly, my uncle was also his uncle and he had come to meet his uncle's mother. The uncle I am talking about is my aunt's (mother's sister) husband and my uncle happened to be a distant cousin of my husband's father. The first meeting was nothing special, however, three months later, we got married.

sweerie_banana
Kenya

Postby sweerie_banana » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:43 pm

That is great cause you were able to know her well cause you share an uncle. At least that is legit.
Just like sites are scams also people are scams and it takes time to know who is real and who is not. "Having some references is a nice start, I love that Justin."

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:57 pm

I think that nowadays that it is normal to meet other people online for dating and marriage. I met my wife online and we are doing well together. We still have the everyday problem as any regular relationship but we are doing good together.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:59 am

I am not married to a foreigner but I almost did when I was in the US. Someone introduced me to an American Latina who had eyes for me at once. To be frank, I am a shy guy so the movement f romance was very slow. Before something big could happen I realized that I want someone who speaks my language. So there, I did not pursue that girl.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:20 pm

I don't have a special someone right now, but I would prefer to meet my love interest locally, preferably within my neighborhood. It's easier to date someone within my circle because it's more familiar.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:28 pm

I have never dated online, I cannot simply trust someone I met online. I have had a few relationships in the past but I am single online. I found all of my old flames in the real world. My first partner was my classmate from high school but we did not date until we were in college. My last partner was someone from my workplace.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”