cost of retirement in philippines

FatihaDalK
Canada

cost of retirement in philippines

Postby FatihaDalK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 pm

i was looking to retire in the philippines in the next few years. does anyone have any idea about how much i would need to retire and live comfortably there?

Sharon

Re: cost of retirement in philippines

Postby Sharon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 pm

I've heard many people consider the Philippines to retire...it just depends on what kind of lifestyle you are looking to lead. Here is a nice article you may find interesting with some tips on retiring in the Philippines:
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/031815/retire-philippines-200000-savings.asp

abelinc
Philippines

Postby abelinc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 pm

Cost is definitely relative. The kind of lifestyle you wish to lead can dictate the numbers you need. The one good news is the currency difference. Your $1 dollar can go along way. As of writing, exchange rate is running between 46~47.5 pesos against the dollar. Your cost will also be different depending on the specific location where you want to live. Living in the capital city of Manila will definitely be more expensive compared to any area in Cebu, Davao, Baguio, or any other Philippine locality. In Cebu, most expats also choose to live outside the city proper such as Moalboal to be near dive sites, or to Mactan to be near the famed beaches of Cebu. In order to best get a best estimate it would be better to indicate the place you plan to retire and start from there.
Check out the Philippines @ http://www.bisdak.org

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:33 am

The cheap cost of living is one of the main reasons that I'm trying to move and live in the Philippines. The other reasons are that I love the overall culture there and I'm addictive to redhorse beer haha.

Return to “Philippines”